The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

How to make your Wii internet faster.

Go down 
+3
4TaY|RaMRod
Fty|lookin4luv
iFAGiC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

Clan Rank : Clan Member

How to make your Wii internet faster. Empty
PostSubject: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 pm

PORT FORWARDING YOUR WII
If you want to know what port forwarding does, click this link which Lookin4Luv gave me:
http://portforward.com/cports.htm
Fty|lookin4luv wrote:
1: distance between router and wii WILL NOT be improved by port fowarding..however keeping you wii vertical or horizontal in line with the router will.

2:port fowarding WILL NOT effect internet connection on other computers, however forwarding all ports to the wii, may cause programs like skype or runescape to run slower,any program that uses the intenet, tries to open it's own ports for inbound and outbound communications. using the port fowarding overides these programs. but you should be able to turn port fowarding on and off as needed....

I copied this from Yahoo! Answers, I hope it helps you guys how get the "Unable to connect to host" problem.
BLOODYT I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN'T CONNECT TO A LOT OF PEOPLE.

I also made two "EDIT:" in it that applied for me.

Port forwarding might help as it maximises your connection. To port forward with the Wii, you need to set up a static IP address for it.
It can make your connection 4 bars too, if it is not already.

First, configure your router:

Click on Applications and Gaming.

On the Port Range Forward/Port Range page:

In the Application box, type "Wii".
In the Start box, type "1".
In the End box, type "65535".
In the Protocol box, select "Both".
In the IP Address box, type the number that you want your Wii's static IP address to be.
Tick the Enable box.
Click on Save Settings at the bottom of the screen.

Now your router is set up for port forwarding, you can configure a static IP for your Wii:

Click on Wii Options (bottom left on main Wii menu).
Click on Wii Settings.
Wii System Settings 1: Click right arrow.
Wii System Settings 2: Click on Internet.
Internet: Click on Connection Settings.
Connection Settings: Click on a connection (1, 2, or 3).
Connection (1, 2, or 3): Click on Wireless.
Connection (1, 2, or 3): Click on Manual Setup.
Connection (1, 2, or 3): Enter SSID (you'll find this on the back/bottom of your router) EDIT: Also may be the name of your connection
Connection (1, 2, or 3): Select type of security (WEP, WPA etc; you'll find the key on the back/bottom of your router).
Connection (1, 2, or 3): Auto obtain IP and/or DNS? Select No.
Connection (1, 2, or 3): Advanced Settings: Enter the IP address that you inputted into your router, the subnet mask, default gateway and DNS details (EDIT: Or DNS Servers) (to find these details, on your computer, click Start, then Run. Type "cmd" and click Ok. In the command prompt window, type "ipconfig/all". This will display the required details).
Connection (1, 2, or 3): MTU Value: type "1500".
Connection (1, 2, or 3): Save settings.

And that should be it - your Wii's Internet connection should now run smoothly.

If you have any questions or problems, tell/ask me. I might now how to fix.
Hope this helps,
iRONiC / Ron

Last edited by Fty|iRoNiC on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.FtyHQ.tk
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:43 pm

my prob is that i cant open ALL ports to my wii...i used to know a place that told you SPECIFIC ports to open, for each wii game (yes they are all different). ill try to track it down...i think it was portmagic or sumthing...

but in order to host starcraft games, i have to open certain ports, for certaqin cpus, also other programs i use run better when they get their specific ports open...

Your idea will work Ron, if the wii is the ONLY thin you need to forward ports to...but there are specific ports to open for MWR and WAW, also mairo cart plays better with it;s ports open....

ill get back to you on this
Back to top Go down
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't know anything about this stuff -_-

I just moved my Wii to my basement, so my connection was horrible.
I told my dad my Wii had bad connection down there, and he told me about port forwarding your Wii.

I Googled it, of course, and did it.
I'm testing it right now... I'll tell you if it works or not.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:25 pm

I can't connect to Shock worth a damn... Sorry buddy..??

It also nice that when someone else is hosting and they pull you outta a game that your already playing, to play along with their group. That the host actually gets a game going.....
Back to top Go down
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Lol, so Ram did you try this thing?
And same here, I can never connect to Shock either.
Maybe he has some problem and should try the thing.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:14 am

You see!

That's why I like hosting.I usually get straight into games, and can connect with shock & bloody, which most usually can't. Just there's usually lag in my private matches...

Still, ron; if I did this, would my computer's Internet still work, or would I have to reset it, or would it just not work entirely?!?

Because I don't wanna wreck the pc just for the sake of another bar connection...... HEAVE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Kempo what do you mean by "hosting"?
And it MIGHT causebyou to be not able to use anything else, for me it didn't but it happens to some people.
Back to top Go down
Fty|theprayer
Noob
Noob
Fty|theprayer

PostSubject: tryout!   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:12 pm

i no this is off subject but i need a try out lol
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:27 am

Fty|iRoNiC wrote:
Kempo what do you mean by "hosting"?
And it MIGHT causebyou to be not able to use anything else, for me it didn't but it happens to some people.

I meant sending invites for 5-man partaés on CoD.

And in that case, I'm not gonna do it.

Prayer, go to www.skype.com, get the free skype download, and create an account. Once you've made the account, press on tr green + button, select add contact, and search for kempo1001. Send me a friend request, saying in the typing box "hey it's prayer". I'll then accept the invite, and put you into our clan chatbox. From tere, somebody can try you out.

Thanks,
Kempo.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 am

1: distance between router and wii WILL NOT be improved by port fowarding..however keeping you wii vertical or horizontal in line with the router will.

2:port fowarding WILL NOT effect internet connection on other computers, however forwarding all ports to the wii, may cause programs like skype or runescape to run slower,any program that uses the intenet, tries to open it's own ports for inbound and outbound communications. using the port fowarding overides these programs. but you should be able to turn port fowarding on and off as needed....
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:38 am

here is the first link i found:

remember, port fowarding is not specific to the game or computer system, it is based on the PROGRAM or the game that you are using on your wii, Ps3, xbox, or cpu...

Note: call of duty games are under "C" not "M" for modern warefare...

im also looking for a better version of this list so anybody that has a better list PLEASE POST
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 am

how can i make this make sense?

ok every computer (or game system) has an IP address.
ever program that uses the internet for communication, uses ports, to send and recieve data.

generally when data comes into your router. it (metaphor) holds up the data, and shows it to ALL the computers (or game systems) that it is connected to.
THEN 1 of the computers (or game systems) says: "hey that data is for ME, give it here!" and the router hands it off.....

when you foward a port..we tell the router "ANY data that comes in from port ####, goes directly to computer (or game system) 'X' (we tell the router the IP address of the wii, or computer), dont waste your time showing the data to every computer, SEND DATA THAT COMES THRU on THIS port DIRECTLY to THIS computer (IP address), dont 'ASK' where it belongs, it belongs HERE. router sez "whatever man.."

this makes our data transfer MUCH faster, however, we took the router's brain out of the loop, all data sent on THAT port will ALWAYS go to that IP address....

does that make any sense? well again look at the link i posted, then post any questions you have here......

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:04 am

anyway, the problem with fowarding ALL ports to the Wii, is that now ALL incoming data from ALL ports will go to the Wii...

so, you do as Ron (or google) suggests, and now you COD on the Wii works great...

BUT then you go to play runscape on your CPU in your room, NOW that runscape data is FIRST sent to your Wii, the your Wii sez "WTF is this crap?" and sends it back to the router, the the router has to go out and find which IP adress REALLY requested the data, it finds your computer, your computer sez "hey that data is MINE, give it here" and the router hands it off...however the time wasted sending the data to the Wii first, will slow down how quickly runescape recieves its data....
Back to top Go down
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:04 pm

yeah I know I switched it back and I'm not using it anymore...

my security for internet was messed up kinda
and my wii is only fast when I don't have anything else on.
I use it sometimes when my computer isn't on and I'm not using Skype on ipod.

=D
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Got good connection????

RaM does fishing
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:36 pm

I tried this for Madden 09 it actually screwed up my connection so I rested back to the old way and it work great. Surfer Dude
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:20 pm

hey Lookin, so does the port forwarding actually make the Wii internet faster?
I just got a separate router for my Wii connection, and my computer, my dads computer, and all the other 8 computers in my house are using another connection.

Does that mean I don't have to worry about the "all data is sent to your Wii first" thing?
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 am

i like how one of the examples lookin uses in the quote at the top is runescape lol
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 am

Hey!!!

Runescape has it's place in the world.....

1) for geeky 10 year olds, and
2) for going around pissing off geeky 10 year olds.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:43 am

Fty|Kemp007 wrote:

2) for going around pissing off geeky 10 year olds.
The Best reason I've seen to play it again dance!
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:53 pm

are you still running off a single modem ron?

is it Modem>router>router>wii?

im confused...sry..
Back to top Go down
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:13 pm

IDK, when I renovate my house they're gonna drill a hole through the wall and then make an Ethernet cable from the modem to my Wii and connect it to my Wii so itz faster...

or if I can't do that I'm just gonna do the cable thingy and put a router in my basement
Right now, my router is directly two levels higher than my Wii.
So, the connection is pretty bad.

- iRONiC
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:17 pm

that is a pretty good reason
Back to top Go down
iFAGiC
Commander
Commander
iFAGiC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:44 pm

what is a pretty good reason?
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:03 am

oh pissing off ten year olds by playing Runescape
sorry bout that lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make your Wii internet faster.   How to make your Wii internet faster. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make your Wii internet faster.
Page 1 of 1