The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Lookin 4 some recomendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

Lookin 4 some recomendations Empty
PostSubject: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Anyone got any recomendation for good netflix series??? I will be finishing up "The walking dead" season 1 tonight (such a badass series)

I believe next I will catch up on the "sons of anarchy" I have been told by many that this is a badass series as well.

What other good ones r out there???

I remember Lookin telling me of one that I should watch, with a character that had similar personality traits as I... What was it called L4L??

or any others???
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
4TaY|fredd-vegas

Clan Rank : Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:29 pm

breaing bad is a pretty go one. The Mrs and I both liked it pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 am

im an old skool guy...

these r all series....

my recomendation was the :Trailer park boys (which is actually kinda new)

but i love murder mysteries...

Midsomer mysteries (60, 2 hour shows..hahah)
Columbo
Sherlock Holmes (the modern ones (80's) are great!!)
and a "touch of frost"...

There is also a *NEW* sherlock holmes, called "Sherlock" which is based in modern times, but with a hint of the old sherlock mystery...good stuff but they only made 3 episodes

Comedy:
well, i HATE most modern american sit-coms

BBC:
coupling (british 'friends'...but much more hardcore)
IT crowd - great show for techy nerds like me
Monty python--nuff said
Mnty Pythn almost the truth...6-8 documentary about the above mentioned

i will give props to the american shows : 30 Rock, the office, parks and rec(office knock off), and Community

currently watching "the worst week of my life" a british sit com based on the US movie "meet the parents"...features the same hottt blonde from 'coupling' she is a FUNNY chick...IDK but i think she must be the british Jen Aniston

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:22 am

BUT honestly RAMMIE! the first few episodes of Trailer Park Boys are a little rough BUT they did 8 seasons....so i'm not the ONLY one who LAUGHED teir Fuckin Assoff

yes...it was a lil dis of my ole pal rammie...im Julian, always with a drink in my hand...and you are...Ricky..sorry ram...just DONT be like Ricky, and let your daughter start smoking before she is 10...

the 'Bubbles' of the Clan? most likly JT...

Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:31 am

Lookin wrote:
i will give props to the american shows ... the office...

...well that's a British show, whose licencing rights were sold to NBC, for an American version to be made, but whatever... Rolling Eyes

...and our version was better anyways... Cool Dude Shades

...as for American "comedies"; yarp - almost all TERRIBLE... that said; series 1 & 2 of the big bang theory is still some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen in my life.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 am

Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
Lookin wrote:
i will give props to the american shows ... the office...

...well that's a British show, whose licencing rights were sold to NBC, for an American version to be made, but whatever... Rolling Eyes

...and our version was better anyways... Cool Dude Shades

...as for American "comedies"; yarp - almost all TERRIBLE... that said; series 1 & 2 of the big bang theory is still some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen in my life.... Smile

ya, you are right...and WRONG...the american "office" totally kicks ASS on the british office...but i can say as americans, we just dont seem to get that guy(4get his name), the 'boss' on the british office...we even let him host the ocsacrs of emmeys (american tv/movie) awards here, and everyone hated him, he just dosent seem to 'click' with the american funny bone...however for some reason we love steve corell , 'boss' american office...strange huh... scratch

BUT the OTHER characters on the american office are what makes it kik ass!!!
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 am

Ricky Gervais...? Aww he's hillarious... Smile You've just gotta realise that things he says, he doesn't neccessarily mean; he's just satirising stereotypes, and prejudices; generally to show how stupid they actually are... If you take every word the man says as literal, he's gonna seem like a complete asshole... But that's the point... you're not meant to take it literally as his personal opinion... it's just a more abstract form of observational comedy...

Russel Brand does the same, and y'all seem to love him...... although maybe that's because he's fucking one of your A-Listers... Rolling Eyes

As for the guy who plays the lead role in American Office... ugh... I find that guy unbareably boring... I mean come on... his best role ever was starring in Evan Almighty... -.- lame...
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:34 am

ya see...and dont get me wrong, i am a big bbc fan, so as an american i think i 'get' ricky more than most americans, and i still dont think he is that funny...

BuT like i said, they have been trying to get america to love him for the last 1-2 years..just aint happening...

and ya steve carrell (US office), is a 1 trick pony...but he filled the role as the boss in the office perfectly....

Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:53 am

Trailer park boys thats it.. I will check it out..

Also I LOVE Russell Brand.. Dude is hilarious IMO..
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Ok so watch:

British TV:
  • Episodes - stars couple from Green Wing and Joey from friends, hilarious taking the piss outta joey, starring as an asshole star (ironic stereotype of himself)
  • The Wire
  • Hustle - the original series of "Leverage", except classier, not corny and sexy women
  • Misfits - British take on "Heroes", except funny and dark
  • Shamless - Shows life in the working class in Manchester, England. Crass, rude, shocking
  • Peep Show - stunningly funny, filmed in first person format
  • Luther - I freaking love this cop show, with a good cop doing bad things to get a result. brilliantly written, but so realistic it feels too close to the bone.
  • Spooks - based on the British Secret Service, no not the James Bond one, the other one, MI6. Just finished it's 10th Series
  • Waking the Dead - excellent cold case unit series including forensics
  • The Prisoner - remake of an old 60's Ameican drama, well worth a watch if you can follow how odd it is. short, at only 6 episodes.

Those will get you started

Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Peep Show is fucking hilarious, with a new series coming out this January; buit the others I either don't like, or have never seen tbh.... Episodes though.... ugh.... awful show... Rolling Eyes

and yeah; Russel Brand's funny as hell... Just, I'm saying that his humour is much the same to Ricky Gervais'.... Just, the way he performs is a hell of a lot more flamboyant...
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Shut up! Episodes is sooooooooo quintessentially British just getting things wrong...he he.

What have you not heard of and what dont you like???
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:38 pm

I'll check out that Ricky guy
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

The Wire - heard of, never seen
Hustle - never heard of
Misfits - dislike
Shamless - dislike
Luther - heard of, people say its good, not really my thing though, so never seen
Spooks - same as above
Waking the Dead - mum watches it. I don't.
The Prisoner - never heard of it.

ici. Smile

and good good Rammy! Wink

Listen to the Ricky Gervais Show podcasts Wink
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:50 am

I had to unsubscribe from the RG podcasts (thats Ricky Gervais, you know). They were so mind numbingly boring I turned back to Nine Inch Nails....
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:08 am

no, they're hilarious...

Karl Pilkington is GOD.... Hail To The King....
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:39 am

Karl's book looked OK, but not AMAZING :p
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:05 am

4TaY|Gnu wrote:
Ok so watch:

British TV:
  • Episodes - stars couple from Green Wing and Joey from friends, hilarious taking the piss outta joey, starring as an asshole star (ironic stereotype of himself)
  • The Wire
  • Hustle - the original series of "Leverage", except classier, not corny and sexy women
  • Misfits - British take on "Heroes", except funny and dark
  • Shamless - Shows life in the working class in Manchester, England. Crass, rude, shocking
  • Peep Show - stunningly funny, filmed in first person format
  • Luther - I freaking love this cop show, with a good cop doing bad things to get a result. brilliantly written, but so realistic it feels too close to the bone.
  • Spooks - based on the British Secret Service, no not the James Bond one, the other one, MI6. Just finished it's 10th Series
  • Waking the Dead - excellent cold case unit series including forensics
  • The Prisoner - remake of an old 60's Ameican drama, well worth a watch if you can follow how odd it is. short, at only 6 episodes.

Those will get you started

Just to clarify...(since you guys will be getting Netflix across da pond soon)

the 'watch instantly' feature of netflix only has about 10% of movies and shows, and it is always changing, however, for a BBC show to make the 'watch instantly' it kinda has to be a LONG TIME BBC HIT, like monty python, yes minister, midsomor mysteries, basicly the show needs multiple seasons, but not be SUCH a big hit that netflix has to pay BBC big$$$ to share it...kinda a dicotomy

now, any show or movie MUST be on DVD to request the DVD to watch...but since im sure Rammy has tons of DVD on his list (cuz that list includes amost EVERYTHING ever on DVD) i think he is looking for 'watch instantly' ideas...

not to disrespect Gnu's list, but it may be a few years before the DVD of those shows is even availabe here, and many may never make the 'watch instantly' list...

either because they are too popular, or not popular enough...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lookin 4 some recomendations   Lookin 4 some recomendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lookin 4 some recomendations
Page 1 of 1