The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE

Go down 
+6
WEAPON_T-Y
Fty|Kempo10
Fty|Topgun09
4TaY|RaMRod
Fty|jtl94
[4TaY]Heavey
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:47 am

Brock wrote:
new development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gajSrG9q1Q

this dude loves the sound of his own voice - cant stand his nasal tone and 10 hours to explain a 1 minute point - douche. \
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:33 pm

4TaY|Gnu (josingh20) wrote:
Brock wrote:
new development

this dude loves the sound of his own voice - cant stand his nasal tone and 10 hours to explain a 1 minute point - douche. \

WOW! There's a couple minutes of my life I may, or may not, ever get back.

I liked the most of the missions in the BO campaign. Was disappointed in myself for not noticing that you had to complete the campaign of the highest difficulty to get those additional trophies. I completed it on Hardened or Veteran the first time around, only to have to go back through it again on a higher difficulty.

I don't really like that they didn't keep the game environments true to the era. The guns and equipment definitely are not all Vietnam era weapons. And the Jeep they have in the game isn't even available here in the US. It's the J8, which is an export only, and is a new model as of 2010! I'm sure it was probably a licensing thing with Jeep, but WTF!

I think the rest of the multi-player changes kick ass though. The COD points system to buy the perks/attachments you want is fawking AWESOME. And definitely something I hope they carry into the next title. Also a huge improvement was kill streaks, and that kills from your KS rewards DO NOT count towards your KS. That's a HUGE improvement over the previous titles. Maybe not a big deal for you that get KS's like Kempo gets the clap, but for us that are not so good, it's huge. The clan tag on guns was well executed, too.

One thing I hope that is not carried over, is the emblems. Really cool idea, but I'm actually tired of seeing gorillas taking it in the ass by horses.

I'm beginning to wonder if IW is beating the MW title to death though! Seriously, will we be purchasing MW10: The Return of Makarov in a few years? Why not switch it up to another era! When was the last WWI era COD?
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 pm

aww i like that guy's voice. does he do commentaries? id watch.

dark- the whole thing with the modern weapons and such is that it is black ops. nobody knows about that stuff, they could have had prototypes of guns that we know today, back then. that was the point of them not using only period guns and such. plus the jeep is a jeep. who cares, they dont ever look any different unless you start talking four doors. i dont think theyre beating the mw title to death at all. how many cod and other series games were there of wwii? the first three cods, plus all the offside cods like big red one or whatever those were called, plus medal of honor and band of brothers. all sorts of things before mw ever came out. i think the modern world deserves some war games. as for wwi, i believe it was kemp that mentioned this, itd just be popping your head out of a trench and shooting and then dropping before a guy in another trench took your head off. that was a gruesome war, but isnt quite right for a video game.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Commander
Commander
Brock

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:51 pm

i agree jtl Crazy josingh Cursing Ranter
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

It be cool as like little gamemode but not a full game. I would play it, a lot as long as it's setup right.
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Meh i just want to know what the next CoD game is.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:09 am

Brock wrote:
FTY!|Darkened wrote:
Brock wrote:
new development

WOW! There's a couple minutes of my life I may, or may not, ever get back.

i agree jtl Crazy josingh Cursing Ranter

Crazy me? OMG - why why why though? cyclops i aint crazy (much) bounce

I agree with Dark though:

FTY!|Darkened wrote:
I liked the most of the missions in the BO campaign. Was disappointed in myself for not noticing that you had to complete the campaign of the highest difficulty to get those additional trophies. I completed it on Hardened or Veteran the first time around, only to have to go back through it again on a higher difficulty.
I had no idea about this and would have persevered on veteran had I not been stuck on the side of a Vietnamese hill being slaughtered every time I ran down the side of the hill. Just couldn't do it. I've now lowered the difficulty only to discover I wont get extra missions. F**k dat sh*t, I'm not playing veteran again, it was hard enough getting to the hill on veteran! Bastards.

FTY!|Darkened wrote:
I don't really like that they didn't keep the game environments true to the era. The guns and equipment definitely are not all Vietnam era weapons. And the Jeep they have in the game isn't even available here in the US. It's the J8, which is an export only, and is a new model as of 2010! I'm sure it was probably a licensing thing with Jeep, but WTF!
Totally agree here - I liked COD 1 and Cod 2 as they were historically accurate (most of the time), so it would be nice to think that as the games progress, so does the accuracy called ATTENTION TO DETAIL. it may not be important to you jtl, but it certainly would be a nice touch rather than "just another historically inaccurate hyped up cod game". At the moment COD isnt boring for me, but it sure will be if they dont start pulling their socks up and getting things right.

FTY!|Darkened wrote:
I think the rest of the multi-player changes kick ass though. The COD points system to buy the perks/attachments you want is fawking AWESOME. And definitely something I hope they carry into the next title. Also a huge improvement was kill streaks, and that kills from your KS rewards DO NOT count towards your KS. That's a HUGE improvement over the previous titles. Maybe not a big deal for you that get KS's like Kempo gets the clap, but for us that are not so good, it's huge. The clan tag on guns was well executed, too.
Yes, yes, and yes again!

FTY!|Darkened wrote:
One thing I hope that is not carried over, is the emblems. Really cool idea, but I'm actually tired of seeing gorillas taking it in the ass by horses.
ahh, but seeing a deadma5 head or Brock's "I'm disabled" emblem is quite funny...

FTY!|Darkened wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if IW is beating the MW title to death though! Seriously, will we be purchasing MW10: The Return of Makarov in a few years? Why not switch it up to another era! When was the last WWI era COD?
Sorry dark, but agree with jtl here. WW1 just wasn't a nice place to be, according to my grandad. he actually preferred WWII! Also, it makes great comedy, for example, Blackadder:

https://youtu.be/uk37TD_08eA (how did the war start?)

https://youtu.be/Jf0Lm7XwtjE (Blackadder reporting)

Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 am

I had no idea about this and would have persevered on veteran had I not been stuck on the side of a Vietnamese hill being slaughtered every time I ran down the side of the hill.

Is that the mission where you have to puncture the napalm cans and kick them over? I spent SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many hours on that damn level before I finally realized the objective. And then it wasn't until I accidently dove next to one of the cans and saw the screen tip to stab the can. A little more help from that moron that keeps screaming at you would have been helpful here.

ahh, but seeing a deadma5 head or Brock's "I'm disabled" emblem is quite funny...

What the heck is a deadma5, and I don't think I've seen Brocks disabled emblem yet. And yeah, there are ALOT of creative emblems. The other day I saw Shaggy, from Scooby-Doo as an emblem. Very creative use of the emblems available. That's what makes the emblem thing work. It's the beastiality, or cross species breading, that I don't think they anticipated.

Sorry dark, but agree with jtl here. WW1 just wasn't a nice place to be, according to my grandad. he actually preferred WWII!

I'm not saying they should do a WWI themed COD next. Just that IW's last two titles have both been Modern Warfare, with MW3 on the horizon, and have esentially been the same game. MW2 made sense, as a sequel, but I really hope they don't make it a trilogy. I'm just as big a fan of the moden weapons, and warfare, as everyone else, but seriously. They need to change things up a bit, especially with the multiplayer maps. How many maps did they bring over from MW? And then to charge us for those same maps over again, WTF?!?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:09 am

Ok now THATS something I hated - paying for the same damn maps - but at least the new packs for Black ops look cool...
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 am

Wouldn't it be cool if you could use ALL the maps from the previous titles, from the same developer, i.e. MW maps with MW2, WaW maps with BO?

Especially MW and MW2. They've already shown it can be done. Why not make it happen like they do for users that do/don't have the map packs. If someone in the lobby doesn't have the previous title, or extra maps, then no one can play them.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 am

Because there would be a severe loss of revenue for the developers - they only way to get around it would be for the developers to charge more in the first place, and we dont want that...
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:42 pm

gnu- first video- thats House Very Happy <3 "it was bollocks" ahah great line.
- second video- hahaha "... and their tortoise, Alan" ahaha. is that show just a giant satire of war? those two clips are great.

dark- yes they can move old maps to new games, but they have to change things up so that graphics are up to date and whatnot, which costs time and money. thus i dont think it is unreasonable to pay. maybe not $15, but some amount isnt criminal.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Fty|jtl94 wrote:
gnu- first video- thats House Very Happy <3 "it was bollocks" ahah great line.
- second video- hahaha "... and their tortoise, Alan" ahaha. is that show just a giant satire of war? those two clips are great.

hey jtl, yeah the clips are great. It was a series of british comedy that is now legendary, because it did WWI, the Tudors and Elizabethans (sir francis drake, queen elizabeth) as well as others. yeah, was mostly historical satire, but the WWI is most well known because they ended the series on the whole of rowan atkinson's company (including hugh laurie) advancing over the top of the trenches in quite a sad way. it defined a new era for british comedy.

"it was bollocks" was one of my fav lines too! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:29 pm

cool, maybe ill look up some more clips sometime.

it was bollocks was a great line in that its just funny to say, but also it was a pretty bollocks plan to start with.
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Added the video released today.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:21 pm

CALL OF DUTY MOVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Tough Guy
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:39 pm

All I have to say is HOLY SHIT.
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 am

Incredible - so true to form I love it! anyone else agree?
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:39 pm

top- i like my reply better.

gnu- completely, some parts were hard to tell the game from live action. as long as the final product looks that good, it will be at least a decent movie.

i wonder if itll be in first person the whole time though... that would be cool, but people outside of fps games would be totally lost.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:06 am

if its an indie movie, does that men it wont be released wordlwide?
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 am

I don't know. It seems independent to me.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:09 pm

i have no clue. i mean im sure you'd be able to find it on the internet eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE   Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it time for Modern Warfare 3? UPDATE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2