The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

COD ELITE THREAD

Go down 
+6
Fty|jtl94
[4TaY]Heavey
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|RaMRod
Fty|Kempo10
Fty|lookin4luv
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:51 am

Well,

I just read on FB that next month the beta of COD Elite will roll out...

from what i heard this will be a beta test open ONLY to current online COD BO players...

it will be "Invite only" what ever that means...

BUT we have some P15 players, som people on all the time, and a lot of online people who are always down with the latest COD news...

so i'm curipous anyone got an invite to the beta test yet?

are they charging for the beta?

let me know what you all hear guys...

honestly, if it works out to be $5 a month, and ALL you guys do it..well im stuck...but i aint payin $20 a month to play with you fluckers,...ill just play with myself Rolling Eyes

almost forgot, they say your PSN MUST be registered to a Working email...so check your emails guys for your invite, i think that is how they will come...

Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:05 am

Oh Lookin, Lookin, Lookin...

To get to this illustrious beta, you have to already have signed up at www.callofduty.com/elite - after all, activision aren't gonna pluck out your email address from thin air now, are they?...

I believe that it IS still possible to sign up, however if so, it will CERTAINLY be closing in the coming days...

I did sign up myself, despite hating it, because the idea of being forced to pay for something which I essentially pay for already is just scandalous; but I realise that there will be more than enough people willing to pay a little extra for activision to make it manditory anyway, so I may aswell sign up in an attempt to get a quick glimpse of it before you all leave me in the non-paying servers.... Rolling Eyes

The beta is totally free, and they aren't telling anybody about how much the elite service will actually cost in future, but essentially it will be at an extra charge. For your cash, you get additional game info, friend info, and lots of extras ingame, one of which being competitions which you compete for real prizes (the main reason why they charge, other than just being greedy so and so's... Doh! ) So yeah; it looks quite cool, but if they implement it fully, I for one shall not be getting it....

A free beta version however?... Sure, why not? Somebody has to test it.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:51 pm

If you guys find it beneficial (sp?) let me know.. I'm not interested as of yet..

If it comes with more zombies maps maybe we can talk...
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
4TaY|fredd-vegas

Clan Rank : Senior Member

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 pm

I am signed up and waiting. I hope I get picked for this just to see if its worth it or not. I will use it, but prolly not the paid one.
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

Clan Rank : Clan Member

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Zombies isn't included in Infinity Ward games so you're golden on that. People who don't pay for can play with people who do pay for it. They simply have different out-of-game features. I won't pay for it.
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Anyone get an invite to this? I got an invite to it the other day....
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Read a bit closer. It says invite in the email but if you click on where it says become a beta tester, where you fill in email and age it says " register to request a beta invite". So I dont think its an "invite" unless you got something completely different from everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:35 pm

i didn't get one of the emails.... makes me believe that it COULD infact just be a full on invite...
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 am

alright, seriously, who is deleting my posts? that is twice that i've noticed it in the past week or so.

i got an email and signed up for the beta testing, we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:35 am

midk? Wasn't me.... You sure you posted properly, and didn't just press "save", or else press send, but press the home or back button before the post processed, or else you put something in there which could strongly offend a member/and/or/moderator/board member?

If not, and you're not in breach of any other forum rules, and your posts genuinely have been deleted for no real vaild reason, can I please ask that the individual(s) responsible please stop needlessly deleting posts.

Thanks,
Kempo.
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:01 pm

4TaY|fredd-vegas wrote:
Read a bit closer. It says invite in the email but if you click on where it says become a beta tester, where you fill in email and age it says " register to request a beta invite". So I dont think its an "invite" unless you got something completely different from everyone else.

This.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 pm

This.

wtf is this.

hmmm. this T H I S..... Those letters spell something else. S H I T.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 am

kemp- i suppose it could have been leaving the page too quickly, it has never done that to me before though.

fredd- i see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 am

That odd posts are being deleted. I know a few times I thought I posted and hit preview by mistake. Maybe this could have happend?? I haven't deleted any post?

Is the Elite something for the PS3 as well??..

I thought this was just for the xbox?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Yep its for ps3 as well.
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:30 pm

PC,PS3, and XBOX
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:06 pm

it is for xbox, ps3 and pc and works on blops and mw3.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:25 am

Call of Duty Elite, Activision’s new social network and stat-tracking service that will launch alongside Modern Warfare 3—and work with last year’s Call of Duty: Black Ops—is largely going to be free to use. But there are very good reasons for investing in Elite.

At the war game maker’s Call of Duty XP gathering, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg finally put a price on the premium subscription it plans to offer to Call of Duty Elite members: $50 USD per year. That’s ten dollars less than the cost of purchasing a year’s worth of downloadable map packs at $15 a pop, Hirshberg says, which millions of Call of Duty fans seem content to do annually.

(Call of Duty: Black Ops players have purchased more than 18 million map packs since the game’s launch last November.)

Players who purchase an annual premium membership to Call of Duty Elite will receive “every piece of downloadable content [for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3] for the year,” Hirshberg said during a press preview at this weekend’s Call of Duty XP convention. He estimated 20 pieces of content in all, including map packs, missions for Modern Warfare 3‘s Spec Ops mode, additional unspecified game modes and more. Premium Elite subscribers will also get it first and faster, he said.

“In the past, we offered it four times a year,” Hirshberg said of standard Call of Duty map pack releases, typically sold as a bundle every few months. “Premium will get it monthly.”

Maps and other content downloaded via one’s premium Elite subscription will still be yours even if you let your premium membership lapse, the company said. Players won’t be required to maintain an ongoing paid subscription (a la Sony’s PlayStation Plus) to access their digital goods downloaded through Elite.

Premium Elite memberships also allow players to take part in daily competitions for virtual and real prizes—iPads, for example. Activision says these competitions “aren’t just for the pros.” Players of all skill levels can take part, they say, with competition matches “managed and refereed by real people 24/7.”

The premium subscription fee also lets players level up their Elite clans through specific challenges. Leveling up one’s clan unlocks virtual items like camouflage for weapons, badges and name tags, even double XP weekends on a clan-by-clan basis.

It also includes video storage capacity eight times what a free membership offers, access to “expert strategy and analysis from the best players in the world,” and the ability to watch Elite TV, the premium episodic video content being created by Hollywood talent like Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, and Tony and Ridley Scott. Bateman and Arnett will deliver “Noob Toob,” which Hirshberg described as “gamers provide the videos, they provide the smack talk.” The Scotts will bring “Friday Night Fights” to Elite TV, a program built from Modern Warfare 3 game footage.

Call of Duty Elite’s annual premium membership will cost $49.99 USD, according to Activision. Players will be able to subscribe via Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Store. Activision also expects to sell Elite memberships at GameStop stores.

It will also include one year of premium Elite membership to players who purchase the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 “Hardened Edition,” Activision confirmed.

Call of Duty Elite, currently available in beta form as a web-based client, will also come to consoles (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) and mobile devices (iPhone, iPad and Android). I got a chance to preview the Elite interface for the Xbox 360—a free downloadable application, I’m told, just like the mobile versions—and found it identical to the web interface.

Elite’s mobile apps may feature less functionality than the full-sized versions, but Hirshberg promises iOS and Android versions will still be “deep and rich.”

Call of Duty Elite launches wide on November 8 alongside the release of Modern Warfare 3.

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:29 am

if you just read the above^^

GOOD NEWS!

ya the elite service comes with all MAP PACKS FREE

since a 1 year membership is $49.99

and i spent $45 on map packs this year...

well i get lots of cool extras for just $5

SO im doing IT!

BTW if you Didn't read the above article, you need to get the "hardened edition" of mw3 or buy a membership later at gamestop or somewhere like that...

this of course will put the "hardened edition" at a cost of over $100 so start saving now my brothers...
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 am

I got the hardened. I wasnt going to then they said map packs were free with it. Seems like a good nuff deal to me.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:45 am

4TaY|fredd-vegas wrote:
I got the hardened. I wasnt going to then they said map packs were free with it. Seems like a good nuff deal to me.

where did you reserve it?

when i looked last month all i saw was the ability to pre-order the 'basic game'

which prompted me to post here if there would be different versions of the game...

but ya, thats TWO for hardened... Uzi

Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:17 am

make that 3.. eariler maps and save some coins.. SIGN ME UP.. I'll preorder tonight.
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:58 pm

That's $49 annual?!? That's kind rediculous, unless they plan to release at least 3 or more map packs annualy, and/or offer upgrades to the next game!
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Who all signed up for the Elite Beta? Anybody else got in yet? It's a pretty cool place bucket loads of stats.
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:14 pm

I got in but can't remember my PSn password since we had to reset them.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I preordered at game stop. They are also doing a midnight release.
Back to top Go down
Fty|dooleygj
I wouldn't Fight Back.......Unless She Wants Me To....
I wouldn't Fight Back.......Unless She Wants Me To....
Fty|dooleygj

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 am

I cant get into the COD Elite for some reason...

I think I'll buy on amazon... hardened edition will make it all much easier i think...

Money up front will be easier...
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:57 am

FTY!|Darkened wrote:
That's $49 annual?!? That's kind rediculous, unless they plan to release at least 3 or more map packs annualy, and/or offer upgrades to the next game!

well, three things dark...

1 I was completely against the "eleite idea" untill i got all the details

2 ya $49 for a year, BUT the 3 map packs cost me $45, so only a net loss of $5 BUT they claim that for elite members there will now be MONTHLY downloads...of both game maps and spec op missions...

3 dont forget we only have to do it for a year, of course we will have to do it agin next year..but it will be with a NEW cod game in Nov of 2012
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:00 am

i wish i had signed up for the BETA...but the Aholes I play with EVERYDAY never mentioned it to me, and by the time i posted about it here, Kemp told me they were full..and made fun of me for not registering for the Beata earlier... MWUHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:19 pm

MW3 Hardened... Pre ordered with next daty air...

Couldn't get a midnight release from gamestop. What An Idiot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

COD ELITE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD ELITE THREAD   COD ELITE THREAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COD ELITE THREAD
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next