The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome

Go down 
+8
FTY!|Darkened
Fty|Martin_Dark01
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
4TaY|Gnu
Fty|Kempo10
Fty|Zodiac
4TaY|RaMRod
Fty|lookin4luv
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:23 pm

wow...... Need Sleep

those things are smoother than a baby's ironed scrotum......

I like.......

I like a lot...... Muncher
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 am

I've already added that to my b-day list. I've been wanting another headset to use out in the living room, so that I don't have to turn the volume down to nearly muted levels.

Can't wait to try them out.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 pm

let me know what you think of them.. I still have 2 complete px21 and one rigged set so I should be good for awhile. Brock just got some Tritons too Dark. He's loving them from what it seems.

Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 am

I like my shitty bluetooth mic.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 am

I don't like you shitty bluetooth mic... It hurts my ears... lol.. Bluetooths without noise canceling suck ass.. I had a few.

It seems the bluetooth guys are alway much louder than the headset guys for some reason. So it is hard to keep my volume adjusted to where I can bear the bluetooth guys and barely hear the headset guys.??

I played again with skunk last night. His bluetooth SUCKS.. or it maybe the fact that he has his TV volume on fucking blow your ears out.

If these headphone are wireless there not gonna be foe me. I have a hard time keeping 2 controlers charged let alone a headset. The wireed headset work well for me.

Back to top Go down
Fty|dooleygj
I wouldn't Fight Back.......Unless She Wants Me To....
Fty|dooleygj

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 am

Gnu can back me up he use my headset,

Bluetooth is useles... Always have echo because people still have TV up. I HATE echo!!

Got a pair of Tritton ax 180 only £39. And have to say they work a treat, seperate game/voice volume etc. ps3/Xbox compatible etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Tritton-TRIAX-180-Universal-Headset-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002P77432
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Agreed, I f'ing love my Trittons!!

Nothing better than being able to determine the direction a gun shot came from or being able to hear people sneaking up on you. Only issue I have is that I've only got them setup on one system.

Ram - You should look into the Energizer PS3 controller charging dock. You can charge two controllers, plus it's got two additional USB ports for charging anything else that uses a USB cord for charging.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:47 am

I'll check that out Dark.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Uh, Tre0 bluetooth headset. Works wonders...just saying'. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fty|dooleygj
Fty|dooleygj

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:01 am

Two Things:

Are there chargers you can use from a plug? Instead of having to have the PS3 on?

Speaking of equipment, I got the Kontrol FPS Freeks earlier this week. Website:

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/Game-Controller-Accessories/KontrolFreek-FPS-Freek.asp

Im still undecided on them, anybody else use them? Opinions?...
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:32 pm

hehe.. I saw them dooley... Seemed like a gimic to me.. Let me know how they work out.. if you notice any considerable change...
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Dooley - Yeah, they plug into the wall, so the PS3 does not have to be on.

I've seen those before, and have always wondered if they were worth considering. Let us know what you think.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:44 pm

If we need a test dummie for that wireless pair lookin posted, I'm your man.. I am so done with TB. My left earphone on my TB's stopped working again last night.. This is the 4th pair... Fluck TB..

I think it was sometime in September that wireless pair comes out.
Back to top Go down
Fty|dooleygj
Fty|dooleygj

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:03 am

My first impressions of the Kontrol Freeks are good. I play on sensitivity of 7 so that may be better/worse than lower sensitivity I don't know...

The only problem is sprinting... Keeping L3 down is a little hard but I'm getting used to it now.

It may be the same for knifing but I play tactical so that doesn't matter as much.

I can't play without them now! It feels strange without them. Would love to know other people's impressions when/if they get them....
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 am

Heevee: actually your bluetooth is better than most...

Rammy: they are out Sep 6th, i'll be waiting to hear peoples comments...i dont know if i can wait till my Bday in Dec to get em....uggg

Dark: yes if you had TWO pairs of trittions I'd have to slap you Ooooh..... Cock Shot

Dooley: ya ive seen em, and the results they promise are fantastic, but i have 3 controllers so I'd need 3 pairs, i also heard they break easily, keep us posted on how long they last.

Skunk: you need a good headset more than anyone else in the clan right now..lol

BTW...my son bought me a 4 port 'controller charger' back when i got my ps3, it IS SWEET...not only does it keep all my controllers charged up, BUT it also keeps em organized (wife loves that) Best accessory i have seen in a while...HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Back to top Go down
Fty|dooleygj
Fty|dooleygj

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 am

I think Skunk has more problems on his plate than a headset with the baby coming...

Suppose it would block out the baby crying!! Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:43 pm

Fty|dooleygj wrote:
I think Skunk has more problems on his plate than a headset with the baby coming...

Suppose it would block out the baby crying!! Sad Crying or Very sad

EXACTLY...

da woman says "ohhhh skunk come make love to me i'm so horney!!!"

he hears "REVIVE LOOKIN!!!"

da woman says "uhhh skunk my period is late"

he hears "LOOKIN NEEDS A REVIVE!!"

da woman says "Skunk I'm about to have da baby!"

he hears "LOOKIN NEEDS BACKUP ON 'A'!!!"

if he only had the headphones...he would have missed the first statment...and no baby to worry about...see...woulda saved him a LOT of trouble...

Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:07 am

ROFL... good point Lookin...
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 am

JOKER GOT PX21's!!!!!! He is clear as all get out now... Congrats man.. You sound a ton different to than what you did on your bluetooth. Great to have you back playing with the BO teams...
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Maybe it's cus I don't play often enough anymore, but I had to lower my sensitivy down to 3 from 6 or 7. Anything higher than that and I can't hit shizzle, and I am constantly running into walls and door jambs. I could only imagine what I must look like to other players that are nearby when I'm running into shit. 3 kinda sucks, too, cus now I can't rotate fast enough to shoot anyone running past me.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 am

I feel ya Dark.. Its pretty much all about your comfort level if you ask me. My sensitivity is 4 and I'm comfortable there.. so I don't mess with it. Alexx plays on 10.... Screw that... I can't do it..
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:14 am

well, i force myself to play 5, then i try to move up 1 per month, however i think 5-6 is my best balance between speed and accuracy...also i dont use "aim assist" which im told makes the game much easier...but i like to do it my self..

i see the guy,
i take careful aim
i pull the trigger
and he guns me down cuz he has aim assist...

HAHA take off aim assist THEN compare your KDR to Lookin OMFG!!!
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:16 am

BUT BACK ON SUBJECT...
i saw the headphones on the PSN store...

ANYBODY GOT EM?

reviews people...i dont care if they cost $100...buy them people! and post some reviews...then you can just throw them away... Suspect
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Pretty sure Eyesik got them yesterday.. He seems to love them. I'm gonna get the wifey to pick up a pair if walmart has them
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:06 am

early review:

ok, well first they have a master volume, then a balance switch, the balance switch can either lean to chat volume or game volume, i have been told it is hard to find a good mid-point

next they are ALL USB, no connection to the audio output of the PS3..wow! how did they do that? I was told the ps3 could NOT output game audio through the usb, just chat...well, cool anyway!

Eyzik say they hold a charge for about 8 hours, and can be recharged while in use.

Rammy's voice is about 1 octive higher when using them, but his voice is still clear. however i detected more 'background' noise than with the TB's

Eyzik sounds exactly the same as he did with his bluetooth, however i think he was using a 'higher' end blutooth headset...

weight seems to be about the same as the TB's

Ram says just getting rid of the cord give these an A+ rating for comfort...

also noted that the ear 'pads' are larger and softer...

Comments? Rammy?

Back to top Go down
Fty|dooleygj
Fty|dooleygj

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm

u got a link to these?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 pm

You covered it all Lookin.... I do like them.. Alot.. Comfy. Durability will be the ultimate test. Can they handle 7 hours a day every day of RaMRoD.. Not many can.. we will see. I do believe I was on my 6th pair of px21's and was getting tired of them, the px21s are poorly built. I have had in all 2 sey where the rotater earpiece has broke. 5 set where the right earphones quite working..

My fingers are crossed that the PS H/S will last. They seem super well built and thought through. I loveing them.

here the link dooley:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/ps3-wireless-stereo-headset/91191
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:01 am

Sweet! I'm lookin forward to getting a pair now for sure. To bad I'll probably have to wait until my b-day in October, though.

I'm with you Lookin. Not sure how they got the game sounds to output through the USB, but they did mention that movies will not output to these headsets, at least not BluRay. Maybe they updated the firmware to allow the game audio to output to the USB, along with the other outputs?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:52 am

Pretty sure you could Dark. They supposly work with PC computers as well??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3