The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)

Go down 
+6
Fty|lookin4luv
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
4TaY|Gnu
Fty|Zodiac
Fty|Kempo10
FTY!|Darkened
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 am

Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
stupid ps3ers think theyre so great...... Rolling Eyes .....
*kempo groans*

Is it true that you have to pay for the "privilege" to play on-line with the 360?!?
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Darkened wrote:
Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
*kempo groans*

Is it true that you have to pay for the "privilege" to play on-line with the 360?!?

is it true that your best exclusive games are motorstorm and ratchet & clank?!?

is it true that you get all map packs WEEKS after the XBOX community?!?

is it true that the typical top of the range price of a PS3 is £280 (equivalent to $432.40), whereas for a 360, it is just over half that, at £190 (equivalent to $293.47)?!?

is it true that sony; the company who own the ps3, are a japanese company with strong american links, run by a fat elderly Brit!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I do believe my point has been made..... Ooooh..... Cock Shot
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:46 pm

[quote="Fty|Kempo10"]
Darkened wrote:
Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
*kempo groans*

Quote :

Your forgetting MAG!

Quote :
is it true that you get all map packs WEEKS after the XBOX community?!?

Duh! Of course they use the XBox community to do all the beta testing. That's been Microsoft's business model for years, and I'm sure the game developers are quite aware of that fact. So why not take advantage of the situation.

Quote :
is it true that the typical top of the range price of a PS3 is £280 (equivalent to $432.40), whereas for a 360, it is just over half that, at £190 (equivalent to $293.47)?!?

Untrue. I just picked up a 250GB PS3 w/game for $349

Quote :
is it true that sony; the company who own the ps3, are a japanese company with strong american links, run by a fat elderly Brit!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

The Japanese pretty much own everything already, so no surprise there. And who doesn't have ties wtth America?!? This is the land of over indulgence! You'd be silly not to be in bed with the US. I was, however, surprised to hear that Sony is run by a "fat elderly Brit".

Your forgetting that the PS3 lacks the "Red Rings of Death", which, as everyone knows, is the evil red headed step-brother to the "Blue Screen of Death"

Quote :
I do believe my point has been made..... Ooooh..... Cock Shot

I think I may have missed your point, but here is what I think you were getting at. Your point was that you are happy to make Microsoft, a multi-billion dollar company, even more money for a service they could easily offer for free, to the users who just spent their hard earned money on their game console?
Back to top Go down
Fty|Zodiac
Commander
Commander
Fty|Zodiac

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:27 pm

damn kid O.o
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 am

Quote :
plus it plays Bluray, which seems to be the future of movies

Yet another bonus to owning a product from a Japan based, Fat Old Brit run, American ties having, company Hey 360 guys, how's that HD DVD selection lookin? Not so good I bet. Do they even offer the HD DVD option anymore for the 360?

Quote :
NOW...they got wii controllers...so im able to suk at COD 2 ways now....any1 got those yet?

Those things look like sex toys. I couldn't even imagine trying to explain that one to the wife.

Quote :
And you can get a CHEAP playstation $250 US, but y? the bigger the HDD the better, i have heard guys complain that their smaller original HDD are filled up already, they have to delete to add demos...etc....

I say use the copy data feature to save to an external drive and swap in a larger drive, which you can do with the PS3. Any off the shelf 2.5 SATA drive will work with the PS3. And I believe they have 1GB + drive available now, for probably the same price Microsoft sells their 250GB drive for, not the console, but the actual drive.

Quote :
1 regret about ps3, no voice chat box...or permenant chat box (like skype), but im sure that is commin...

I won't deny Xbox has a ton of aftermarket accessory support. I was checking out wireless headsets last night, and TurtleBeach has a sweet 7.1 Dolby SS headset for the 360. Only options for the PS3 are either ghetto BT headsets, which only relay chat, or wired headsets.

Quote :
i also hate the 'play station world' to confusing, just designed to sell worthles crap to ugrade you character...WTF...who hangs out there, when there are games to play?

Emo's and Pedephile's(sp), that's who!

Quote :
i would like to get 10 FTY and goto the the ps3 world, and roam around like a gang, harassing the people there.... band

That would be awesome. Let me know if you ever get that setup so I can stop by and have a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:20 am

[quote="Darkened"][quote="Fty|Kempo10"]
Darkened wrote:
Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
*kempo groans*

STUPID people!

Quote :

Quote :
Your forgetting MAG!

You are also forgetting Uncharted, God of War, GranTurismo,Heavenly Sword (from makers of xbox FARENHEIGHT - wonder why they swapped to ps3?), killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid, and Wipeout HD.

Quote :

Quote :
Untrue. I just picked up a 250GB PS3 w/game for $349

And do you know WHY it is more expensive? because it has a BETTER processor, a BLU-RAY player, and beacuse, as Darkened has pointed out:

Quote :

Your forgetting that the PS3 lacks the "Red Rings of Death", which, as everyone knows, is the evil red headed step-brother to the "Blue Screen of Death"
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:02 pm

EXACTLY, get a PS3 its the best!!! leave it at that
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:53 pm

well i KNOW we all love each other (nongay), but the battle over the xbox and ps3 has spilled into our daily chats....so i thought id give all those comments a home....

please feel free to add to them as you wish...

and feel free to answer the BIG question: are we realy fighting over Kempo? kempo? really? omg...well i guess we gotta fite over sumthing...
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:57 pm

EDIT i'll just repost them or I have to make a new topic, unless kemp wants to help.
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
Fty|Topgun09
Fty|Topgun09

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 pm

First bit from the Black Ops thread this was made because of lookin
Fty|lookin4luv wrote:
honestly...

a game system from microsoft?

like their MP3 player the Zune? ya, that worked great...i see Ipod shaking in fear...

how about their hip new cell phone the Microsoft Kin? all you cool kids have one of those right?

how about MSNBCnews? - widly know as the worst news network in america? (b off the air soon, i hope) They all have the same news sorces so i don't care

maybe if they RIPOFF all sony's ideas...then use mega bucks to bribe the software creators to hold back on PS3's releases...maybe, just maybe they got a winner? FAIL.... Ripoff, only things sony actually have to there name is the walkman, blueray, Betamax. The PS1 was actually a co project with nintendo but they broke it and took the cd gaming system.

Microsoft should fix their stupid Internet explorer before they worry about game systems...or firefox gonna kik their ass there too!

anyway in 5 years ill still be playing on my WORKING ps3, while the xboxes will be sitting poor, after upgrading every 2 years, and now owning 3 broken xboxes....microsoft will be too busy to help you, they are trying to make a failing version of the Ipad...(looks like they missed that boat too....congrats to apple)PS3 fail too, and most of them is due to a disc drive(i think, YLOD) xbox failed because of the rush release but it is the second most selling console behind the wii(obviously) RRoD is a thing of the past plus the PS3 is ugly and the new 360 is sexy.

my point: when you get older, you start to look into the quality of the products and the manufacturers...i have Sony TV's that wont die, Sony DVD and VHS players (yes my VCR is 25 years old, works great) Sony Stereos.....ya the ps3 is an investment, likly i will have it long after it is obselete, using it to play mp3s, downloaded movies, netflix, bluerays...by then i will be sucking on my PS6 plaing COD34 "Lookin's Revenge"
I alaways looked for quality I almost got a PS3 until i found out the sexbox has a low fail rate with the Jasper Chips

Bill gates didnt get rich because he made a great product, he got rich selling upgrades to fix the problems with the old product....dont believe me? look how many upgrades you have already had to download to YOUR current microsoft OS!!! Any improvements? nope only repairs of the stuff you already bought from him that was supposed to work...no arguement completely correct

trust me, when xbox sales drop, microsoft will bail..on the whole thing... They will keep the 360 alive as long as the PS3 is selling strong, which is sorta weird to say since 360 is selling better.
Blue=true/agree green=/disagree false. I'll post more later.

Second bit from Bullet's app again posted because of Lookin
Seriously, not trying to get in a PS3v 360 argument but most 360 players if they switched to PS3 they will post better scores than they did on 360. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, just some small amount of 360 CoD players who have hit puberty and are over 15. but that's all I have to say does the free online affects skill I guess it does.

Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:11 pm

that was too much to read so i skimmed it and, whatever PS3 FTW
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks guys. I really didn't intend to hijack that other thread.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:37 pm

not just u dark, dont sweat it, lol, it will take me and tg a week to move all the stuff here

tg, i thought we could just move them to this thread? hmmm maybe u r rite...kemp?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

Clan Rank : Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm

I agree with Shock. PS3FTMFW. My only complaint with the PS3 is that you cant follow people to other lobys. Like when I catch someone boosting I would love to be able to follow them when they leave and rape them more.
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:46 pm

I'm just curious. Is the 360 included in Patch Tuesdays? For those of you that don't know, Microsoft releases a laundry list of software patches and updates on the second Tuesday of every month.

How often do you guys have to download updates? And are they patches, or do they add functionality?

And no, I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm actually curious this time.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

u can follow ppls lobbys, i would love that, but still, PS3 FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Fty|Cheese Nip wrote:
I agree with Shock. PS3FTMFW. My only complaint with the PS3 is that you cant follow people to other lobys. Like when I catch someone boosting I would love to be able to follow them when they leave and rape them more.

Stalker!

My biggest gripe is the lack of third party products. Like the headset I mentioned from Turtlebeach. I'd really like a wireless headset that plays the game sounds and chat.

Second gripe! Why is the US PortableID so gay looking! I had to log onto the EU site to get a decent(sp) looking image!
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey I registered like I was supposed to. If you dont check the list its your prob. Laughing
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:01 pm

LMFAO! I guess Warner Bros. didn't get the memo that 360 doesn't have BD player:

http://www.wbshop.com/Halo-Legends-BluRay/1000115700,default,pd.html?cgid=

Ok, that's enough from me on this topic for a while.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:06 pm

hey the PS3 has some pretty sick turtle beach mics too, dont count that as a win
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah, but they are all wired. Not that that's bad, but I don't want to have to worry about someone, like my clumbsy dogs, snagging the cord and ripping it out of the USB port, or worse yet, dropping the console off the shelf it sits on.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:14 pm

i am positive that they are not all wired, there must be some wireless, cuz super high tech turtle beach is being sexist (or systemist????) against the PS3 and for the 360, they're just trying to give some help to the crappier system
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:17 pm

I think it is more of Microsoft bullying the vendors into only supporting their product. I checked all the wireless headsets, and none list the PS3 as being compatible.

I think it has something to do with the RF module. I don't think MS will allow them to make it available to any other console.

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:24 pm

ROFL....you guys crack me up....if i moved this to the headsets thread...you would start talking black ops....JK

there isnt 1 good bluetooth headset out there? i havnt looked because im broke...hence the blank section in the headsets thread under "recomondations"...

but when i did plan on looking i expected to see 100's of choices for under $100

Dark & Shock: PLEASE post any good headset info in the headset thread, sounds like u have done some research....

TG: i got it , it is the merge topic option....you can select which posts to merge...

Last edited by Fty|lookin4luv on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:26 pm

I use a bluetooth that I got with my cell phone. I think its a plantronics.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 pm

well you sound good on my end fred, but how do we sound to you?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:32 pm

good. but I cant hear footsteps through it.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:42 pm

i got PS3 bluetooth but lookin's right, PS3 is better, and we need new ways to prove it so give us questions 360ers...
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Fty|Topgun09

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Darkened wrote:
I'm just curious. Is the 360 included in Patch Tuesdays? For those of you that don't know, Microsoft releases a laundry list of software patches and updates on the second Tuesday of every month.

How often do you guys have to download updates? And are they patches, or do they add functionality?

And no, I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm actually curious this time.
Don't think so since the patches are made by the dev of the game plus I haven't got an official Microsoft update in awhile unless its automatic.

L4L: Thanks for that I'll try to remember it.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:40 pm

well i still believe PS3 is best and nothing will change, until PS4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)   PS3 vs 360  (your comments have prob been moved here) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 vs 360 (your comments have prob been moved here)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next