The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
    Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2

Go down 
    +2
    [4TaY]Heavey
    FTY!|Darkened
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage
    FTY!|Darkened
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 am

Is anyone else disappointed that both developers (IW and 3arc) have failed to develop expansion map packs from areas of the game? IW even went so far as to recycle a couple maps from the first MW for MW2, and still had the balls to charge us full price for the map packs!!

3arc seems to be releasing maps that don't even have a place in the game. At least they are new maps, and not recycled from WaW or something, but I'd like to see maps that are based on the game itself, and not just created from some developers imagination. Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall seeing Stadium, Zoo or Convoy in the game.

Ok, that's enough griping from me.
    Back to top Go down
    [4TaY]Heavey
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    [4TaY]Heavey

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am

YES DARK!!!!

FINALLY! More than me.

ALL games get soooo phucking boring when it's random maps that 'seemed' like a cool idea to put in the game. in WaW the maps were EPIC they BROUGHT THE GAME TOGETHER. These new ones BLOW.

/rant
    Back to top Go down
    4TaY|RaMRod
    Kempo
    Kempo
    4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:30 pm

hmm.. The new maps to RaM is just like Micky D's. I'm loving it... Espically Stockpile.. Not from the game.. However a very good map layout for objective based games..
    Back to top Go down
    [4TaY]Heavey
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    [4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:37 am

Maybe i'll take up recreational drinking. I'll maybe enjoy the game more.
    Back to top Go down
    FTY!|Darkened
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 am

I agree Ram. A lot of the maps are good maps, but I was a little disappointed that they were not from the game.

I think I like all the new maps they've come out with. Favorites so far are Zoo, Stockpile, Hanoi and that snowy map from the first map pack.
    Back to top Go down
    [4TaY]Heavey
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    [4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 am

FTY!|Darkened wrote:
    I agree Ram. A lot of the maps are good maps, but I was a little disappointed that they were not from the game.

I think I like all the new maps they've come out with. Favorites so far are Zoo, Stockpile, Hanoi and that snowy map from the first map pack.

I agree with this. I do like the maps, but I don't feel they really add to the game.
    Back to top Go down
    Fty|lookin4luv
    Weak...
    Weak...
    Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 am

well it has always suprised me that they give up on map packs when a new game comes out...marketing i guess...

do some of the maps make sense? no, but lets be honest, how many diff variations can you make of a map...

i look at the map as a place, i realy dont notice the graphics...xcept maybe the first time...but people are always showing me things i missed, because i am too focused on the other team...

what I like about maps is an "common area" where both teams can meet and fight, this might best be described as "point B"...i hang out ther even when we arnt playing DOM

I also like defendable areas, to try to defend or conquor.

I'm not realy into maps where you have to jump,climb,jumb,climb to a place cuz i alwas get shot trying to sneak to those places...

i have a list of favs, BUT i suk at learning the map names...

I like Asylum on WAW, Highrise on MW2, i also like the small ones like rust and nuketown...less snipers and more ACTION, which is why i play COD...
    Back to top Go down
    4TaY|RaMRod
    Kempo
    Kempo
    4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 am

Yes sir I'm also a fan of the small maps. They need to bring shipment back.. That was a great map.
    Back to top Go down
    FTY!|Darkened
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:37 am

It's funy you should mention point B on the maps l4l. I was looking over the recent matches in my combat record, and almost all of them had a high concentration of action at what would be point B on just about every map.

Shipment was a crazy small map!! So small that it actually makes Nuketown look big!

But yeah, small maps can be pretty fun sometimes. Probably cus of the constant action. Even though I always dread Nuketown being picked in the lobby, I almost always do pretty well on it.
    Back to top Go down
    4TaY|RaMRod
    Kempo
    Kempo
    4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm

I also dread NukeTown.. No one of my favs. If you have a team that understand the spawns it is AWESOME.. However when you are playing with randoms that constantly flip the spawn it can suck ass...
    Back to top Go down
    [4TaY]Heavey
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    [4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 pm

I think you tend to get a 'Point B' due to the spawning system. I'm kind of just putting 2 and 2 together but with the way the spawn system works it just kind of encourages it almost.

Back to top Go down
    Fty|Kempo10
    Weak...
    Weak...
    Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 pm

small maps are what make CoD.... Shipment, then Dome, then I didn't have MW2, then Nuketown.... They should make a game with ONLY the small maps of each CoD game. Like refine the map upto current quality, and publish it on the XBOX Live store or something.... Smile
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.joinfty.com
    FTY!|Darkened
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:14 pm

MW2 had Rust. It was probably about as small a foot print as Shipment, but had more vertical surfaces to fight from/on.

I would have to agree on the small to medium maps being funner than the larger maps, unless you just want to snipe. It's never really much fun to have to sprint for 20 miles just to reach your objective after you've re-spawned.
    Back to top Go down
    [4TaY]Heavey
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    [4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 am

I think WaW nailed the larger maps though. Makin didn't blow and Cliffside for what it's worth was great. I think what types of maps you have depend on the weapons I suppose. With WaW you had a lot of variation. You had SMGs, semi-auto rifles, Heavy MGs and Snipers along with Bolt-Action Rifles. The only problem with that in games that use advanced warfare like Black Ops and MW2 is that long range warfare went from rifles to shooting 100 bullets out of an M60 and ruining the larger maps.
    Back to top Go down
    Fty|Topgun09
    Legend Of Humanity In Training....
    Legend Of Humanity In Training....
    Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 am

^^^^^^ this why WaW is the greatest, you could actually use the almost any gun on any map effectively without be a massive tryhard. Plus I miss the semi's especially the Gewehr.
    Back to top Go down
    http://URMUM.com
    [4TaY]Heavey
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    [4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 am

I think World War 2 just brings that balance easier than say more Modern Warfare esque fighting. With World at War you had Rifles Bolt Action Rifles etc etc which were all GOOD. Since they were pretty effective people wanted to use them. With MW and Black Ops your semi autos all suck because people are running around with big ass machine guns.
    Back to top Go down
    4TaY|RaMRod
    Kempo
    Kempo
    4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:25 am

Silenced gewers FTW!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    FTY!|Darkened
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:26 am

4TaY|RaMRod wrote:
    Silenced gewers FTW!!!!
    X2

Scoped M1's for sniping
    Back to top Go down
    4TaY|RaMRod
    Kempo
    Kempo
    4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:45 am

Absolutly scoped M1 for HC sniping.. I also like the KAR for a bolt action..
    Back to top Go down
    [4TaY]Heavey
    King Of Spam
    King Of Spam
    [4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:45 am

I second both of your opinions.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2   Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gripes about Map Packs 1 and 2
    Page 1 of 1