The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)

Go down 
+3
Fty|lookin4luv
Fty|jtl94
[4TaY]Heavey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Empty
PostSubject: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Alright, so as of today, middle of this week...., Sony has stated their goal to simply turn the Playstation Network back on is 'a few more days.' Their own deadline for 100% everything back is May 31st.

Now there's ONE problem with this. I'll elaborate so this makes more sense.

My dad works for the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. He works on internal security for the Federal Reserve system, and due to Sony's breach the Fed rechecked all their systems.

NOW THAT leads us to today. I was talking to my dad last night and I mentioned the Sony outage and what not and he's actually been doing an study and analysis on the security breach. According to what they found out, sony was using outdated apache security software. Why, you might ask? It's free and easy. Among the analysis it was found their firewall was more of a mirage. Hence why it was so easy to hack. I mentioned to him they hoped the have PSn back up in a few days and completely back by May 31st and his words were "there is little to no chance of that happening, and if it does, it isn't safe."

Figured I'd share this with you guys cause I figured it might seem a bit interesting.

Last edited by [4TaY]Heavey on Sat May 14, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:30 pm

that seems like a cool job, if ya ask me. haha.

free and easy is what America is built on. slaves, child labor, all that jazz.

good luck getting your psn back.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:23 pm

cool job indeed...

please see my post under the "ram is pissed" for the current story, im curious what you and your dad think, now that facts are coming out..

for instance, i did not know u used to be able to run other operating sys on the ps3

i also did not know, that the system had such a simple hack on utube...kempo post film of chicks eating poo, everybody else post silly vids from COD..

but not even DARK posted about this utube PS3 hack, not that i would have done it, but it would have been an INTERRESTING vid to watch

regarding the "safety" your dad spoke of, well he sould know that most (if not all) credit/debit cards come with MAJOR (around $10,000 -$50,000) in 'online fraud protection'...ya it would sure be a pain in the ass to have someone use my CC info, but within a few days all your cash will be back in the bank...

I'm sure dispite sony's lame firewall and data protection, there are 1000's of other online or internet sites with the same crappy protection...watcha gonna do? I have had people send me a money order for $3, for a used DVD, because they were afaraid to send me a personal check...OMFG...

BTW, not to bug your dad, but how would he rank paypal on security?

anyway, the day it is back ill be back, BUT ill have a loaded AK-47, so watch out hackerz

Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:24 am

He uses Pay-pal when he has to so he's cool with it presumably.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:10 pm

i was just wondering..they are getting huge! and they have a direct link to my bank account...

i would be very worried if i heard they were at risk of being hacked..

anyway...as far as da ps3 goes, now they are just fluckin up, whatever damage that was done by the hackers is long over now...they just cant get their new server online...

Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:25 am

Sony's Head of Development left this morning! Oh noes!
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:50 pm

thats no good... My PS misses me Sad
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Meh he had no direct role into the games than oversight. A couple more days and it may be back.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm

ROFL sony's managment = Off With The Head

i gotta bet they lost 30 mill players to xbox by now, Drafted sold hisps3 and bought an xbox...he said "FUK THIS BS!"

if they aint on sooon....

did ya hear?> MSN just bought out skype...

+1 for Xbox

again Doh!
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:02 pm

the NICE thing is...the *nEw* ps3 leader is right there with me.....

we shoulda thought this out mor kemp.....or di u already.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:49 am

Devs have PSN RIGHT NOW. Some Devs are checking the PSN security while they have access to it and are supposedly "highly impressed."

Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:54 am

?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:43 am

I'm a little lost to Gnu? don't feel bad...

L4L... Drafted got a XBOX??? What's his Gamertag?
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:06 pm

ugh..... I temporarily check in for first time in 3 days and this discussion's still going on???......... Rolling Eyes

I want them just to finally get this sorted so we can return to the way things should be......... Doh!

what were you asking me though lookin???....
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Brock
Commander
Commander
Brock

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:40 pm

So Ram did you ever buy an xbox???
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Yes Sir... Almost 2nd prestige.. And the new Call of the Dead zombie map is SWEET...

.... BTW... So did Fred. & Drafted..

Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:46 pm

I dont have 400 bucks to throw around. if I did I'd have bought one.
Back to top Go down
[4TaY]Heavey
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
[4TaY]Heavey

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:27 pm

PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP PSN IS UP

YOU MAY NOW GET THE 3.61 UPDATE. ACCORDING TO SOME REP. AT SONY THE NETWORK ITSELF WILL BE ON IN A FEW HOURS TO A DAY. (SO ANY TIME BETWEEN SUNDAY AT 12 AM AND LATER IN THE DAY SUNDAY)

Back to top Go down
Brock
Commander
Commander
Brock

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:49 pm

PSN is back for several states heres the map, HURRY UP AND GE TO WA (it will be updated as soon as sony can) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:18 am

my hands were too swolen and sore on Sunday for me to play, but im taking some advil this morning so look for me online thonight (monday)

BTW.....

anyone heard anything about any promo's or freebees outta this deal?...i went online yesterday just to check it out, but aside form making a new pass and a download, it is like nothing has happened ...no message, email...nothing....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)   PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSN IS BACK (Bottom Post)
Page 1 of 1