The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Fav current gen non-COD game + why?

Go down 
+6
4TaY|fredd-vegas
Fty|Kempo10
Fty|Zodiac
Fty|jtl94
Fty|Topgun09
4TaY|Gnu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Your fav game type?
RPG (eg fallout)
Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_lcap22%Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
FPS (eg killzone)
Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_lcap56%Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
TPS (eg tomb raider)
Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_lcap22%Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Driving (eg toca)
Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_lcap0%Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fighting (eg tekken)
Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_lcap0%Fav current gen non-COD game + why? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Puzzle (eg zuma)
 0% [ 0 ]
Movie (eg heavy rain)
 0% [ 0 ]
Arcade (eg sonic)
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Empty
PostSubject: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:16 pm

The question is self explanatory. This can be for any console, but must be current gen games EXCLUDING the COD series.

however mine are currently (in order):

1. Assassin's Creed II - the best bits from the first, with updated tech and grittier storyline. I wanted to be Ezio Auditore, but I don't think the reality quite turned out the same way! (see pic here)

2. Uncharted 2 - simply one of the best games i've played. period. combines Tomb Raider and Indianna Jones into one. And could make a very good movie if it tried.

3. DiRT2 - an awesome driving game different to your standard driving games. NFS has lost it's edge since MW.

4. Red Dead Redemption - I like the GTA series and was addicted to GUN on the PS2 so this is again a good combo for me. Wasn't impressed with call of jurez though.

5. Split/Second - love this. has got a cool arcade feel to it and some addictive gameplay

6. Tomb Raider: Underworld - just looks so good on the PS3, but now superceeded by Uncharted

7. Ratchet and Clank A Stitch In Time - Reminds me of Crash Bandicoot - anyone remember that series??
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
Fty|Topgun09
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:45 pm

So we can't go back to the old PS2 games, I'm going to have to think.

1. Assassin's Creed - Open World style of game, Jump from roof tops, Climb up towers, and tossing knives at guards is extremely fun.

2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Extremely fun, great story and what do you expect from a Zelda game.

3. Red Dead Redemption - Great Game Overall, it's extremely addicting, I but controls aren't the greatest but still extremely fun.

4. Borderlands - A fun RPG mixed with a shooter. This game is great with a few Friends. guns are interest so are the characters

5. Left 4 Dead - This game got me Hooked on Zombies and blowing the crap out of a them.

AH if we could do a Last gen it be stuffed with Ratchet and Clank Games
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:57 am

i actually just got Mirror's Edge and Batman: Arkham Asylum yesterday, along with DOA4 which would be better if they worried more about the gameplay and story rather than big boobs Rolling Eyes

1. GTA4- brilliant story, exciting missions, once you beat it there is still plenty to do between the huge maps, the dating sites and stealing cars for that gay muscle builder. gripping characters, i felt like it was me getting dumped when the first girlfriend turned out to be a cop and cried when *spoiler*

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl- huge huge huge epic amazing story for a wii game, love all the characters and everthing about it, online sucks though so i stick to offline play, great with friends over

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum- ok so i only beat the first boss thing so far, but the game is brilliant, beautiful locations, great combat system, plan to play it til the cows come home

4. Mirror's Edge- same as Batman i havent gotten very far, but i love this game. i dislike dying every seven seconds though, feels like a hardcore version of ground war or something, that being said its pretty cool to fall off a skyscraper, though they black you out before you splatter *sigh*. and i mean who wouldnt want to do that, minus the falling off buildings part. i just dont like how strict the learning curve is but ill get used to it i guess

5. Dead Rising: Chop til You Drop- so what if a photogropher is an idiot and goes to a mall quarintined by the military, he needs a good headline people, and yellow journalism just doesnt cut it in the real world these days! yeah i never beat it and i returned it yesterday but loads of fun, definitely going to get the new one when it comes out.

Also: Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Seriou10
Back to top Go down
Fty|Zodiac
Commander
Commander
Fty|Zodiac

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:41 am

im gonna represnt pokemon now pokemon forever ~!
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 am

For last gen (old) games then hit this post.

Fty|jtl94 wrote:

4. Mirror's Edge- same as Batman i havent gotten very far, but i love this game. i dislike dying every seven seconds though, feels like a hardcore version of ground war or something, that being said its pretty cool to fall off a skyscraper, though they black you out before you splatter *sigh*. and i mean who wouldnt want to do that, minus the falling off buildings part. i just dont like how strict the learning curve is but ill get used to it i guess

I can't stand this game at all. I dont get it. I cant get used to the controls. I die every second. i cant get past guards without shooting, and when i do shoot i seem to have no control over aiming. seriously? you like this game? i have it sitting in the corner of my room waiting to be returned to my local game store...
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 pm

zod- pokemon is amazing!
gnu- i know what you mean, the aiming system sucks and you just gotta run, i often end up running around looking at everthing but not finding the right way, pisses me off.

also i cant believe i forgot Just Cause 2 D: its amazing, my only complaint is i have 97% done or something like that and i cant even find the places that i havent completed, i mean seriously? argh.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:19 pm

well I gotta say; and Ty will agree with me.... I've always, ALWAYS been a MASSIVE RPG fan.... Maybe I've never played all the FF series; so I'm not as hardore a fan as Ty, but still..... Wether it be handheld pokemon games, to exploration puzzle RPG games like Zelda titles, or more shooting orientated games like the mercinaries series; I've always been one for a RPG. And my favourite current gen series, and the first game I've pre-ordered for my 360 already; because the series is simply astonishingly good, is the Fable series. It's basically like a less geeky, offline, and much more in depth take on world of warcraft, but you can hire hookers in it. Smile Admittedly the first game was a little limited, and the 2nd one's story was poor; but with the 3rd (3 being the lucky number) just around the corner; I KNOW that this one will just go full out to prove that this is the most intuative, and essentially the best series on the xbox. And is a MAJOR reason why I chose to get a box of x rather than a PS3..... you guys will just never know the pleasure of the fable series I'm afraid....... Sad

Thanks,
Kempo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

Clan Rank : Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:24 pm

I dont know if it counts but I am really looking forward to the Fall of Reach.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm

There's other games?? I thought COD was it...
Back to top Go down
WEAPON_T-Y
S-Sol--Soldie--- Damn......I would.....
WEAPON_T-Y

Clan Rank : THE CLAN BEAST!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:53 pm

well strictly speaking for ps3....assassins creed 1&2 and brotherhood obviously, red dead redemption, and battlefield bad company 2 are all games i play when not playing cod...resident evil 5 and infamous arent bad either. As for the wii, there are too many to list lol
Back to top Go down
WEAPON_T-Y
WEAPON_T-Y

Clan Rank : THE CLAN BEAST!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:02 pm

oh and yes kempo, the Final Fantasy series games are ftw...ive noticed 13 has price dropped recently, once i finish the red dead story line i will be picking that one up...of course FFVII IS FTFW....mmm cloud strife....Mr G himself....

and as for the list of games i put up...

AC = amazing game play, fucking incredible, ive not liked a game (especially 2) that much since i played legend of zelda...anyone would and should enjoy them

BFBC2 = a beautiful substitute for cod, amazing gameplay, great game modes, doesnt piss you off when you die, great story mode, i frequently jump on that more then cod...not to mention you can use tanks, choppers, atvs, jet skis...the list goes on

RDR = Grand theft auto...with a western twist...just a hell of a lot of fun, amazing graphics, the story mode is bitchin, and the free roam that it presents makes it so you may not even want to do story mode, ive yet to mess around in multi, but like i said, the story/free mode of the game is kickass.

RE5 = ive played all of them and loved all of them, if your a fan of the series youd like this one too

Infamous = Fx turned me on to it, not the best game out there, but for the current price of roughly 20$, its pretty damn fun and would be a nice break from cod...ive yet to beat it.

FFVII = quite possibly the best game ever made...at least as far as RPG's go...i usually played it naked so when i got an erection...frequently from tifas rack...i could beat off accordingly

Thank you for choosing Game Informer for all your gaming reviews....

Sincerely Yours, Tyler aka Weapenis
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:43 am

ahh res evils are good....... I never played 5 because it's never been on a console I've owned; but ResEv4 is fucking beastly.......Although the president's daughter (despite being both blond and white) is a whiney pointless little whore who relies on me to do fucking everything for her....... women.... Rolling Eyes

that's one of my favourite wii titles; but other than that the games I love on it are;
-SMGalaxy; for obvious reasons. Amazing visuals, maps, and gameplay for such a limited console. Still worth the £40 even now. Although saying that I'm not getting the second because it's as good as an exact carbon copy.... Rolling Eyes
-LoZTwighlightPrincess; again obvious reasons. I love the Zelda series, and this is by FAR the best one. And yes that even outstreches my beloved ninty 64 ocarina of time cartridge. One of only about 5 games which I'd say are good enough to have that said of them....
-MP3Corruption; Well technically I say MP3, but I've got them all on the limited editon collectors trilogy set. All of them are stunning, but 3 is definately the best when down to sheer complexity and advance in gameplay/visual etc.
-Scarface:TheWorldIsYours; Possibly my favourite game of all time. Simply because it has a button singely allocated to making a Cuban saying "you fucking cockaroach", and what can be better than that?
-Okami; not many people know about this game, or if they do, they ignore it thinking "well it's got a manga front visual, so it must be some shitty Japanese type shit". Well. Yes it's a Japanese game; but it is one of the most beautiful games to play ever. It's quite literally like playing a Japanese fairytale, it's quite a surreal experience. It's basically just exactly the same as Zelda with the single twist.... being that you're a dog....Much reccommended.

So yeah..... those are my favourite games on the wii, and as you can see all (with the exception of SMG) are RPG/Action Adventure games, because those are the best games around. Smile

Thanks,
Kempo.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 pm

ive been meaning to get Okami but never gotten around to it, maybe ill get it with birthday money.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 am

hmm well the adventure games have always been my fav, but mostly on CPU...hard to describe them, u used to be able to just say 'adventure games', myst comes to mind as one you may have heard of...i started playing them when they were text based....like Zork 1 ,2, 3. yep, computers didnt have graphics yet, we couldnt even change the color of the text. pre- DOS 6.0

Any way i also used to get into D&D style games, not too much with the dice, but once the computer became involved they were great, they were the first role playing games...like Final Fantasy1 and 2, FF3 my fav but hard as fuk...

but now...well i guess the new FFs are ok, but i feel like the computer does all the work, i just push X alot...auto attack, auto heal, auto this and auto that...mehhhh

sports games have gotten wayyyyyyyy too complicated

so...i reluctantly moved to FPS, but since i missed the Doom craze, and the Unreal craze, and the Halo craze, i just caught the begining of the COD craze....im getting older and the games i play are getting faster...this sux, anyone for online cribbage?
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:30 pm

meh cribbage sucks. let's play minesweeper Smile
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:23 pm

kemp i tought you were a spider solitaire guy?!?! you just change?
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:05 pm

i thought it was spider solitaire, but i was totally wrong; it was freecell. Spider solitaire sucks balls.

But yeah. Atm im a bit of a fan of hearts tbh, because i kick ass on it. Cool Dude Shades
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:47 am

Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
i thought it was spider solitaire, but i was totally wrong; it was freecell. Spider solitaire sucks balls.

But yeah. Atm im a bit of a fan of hearts tbh, because i kick ass on it. Cool Dude Shades

hearts is awesome. i should challenge you to an online game to whip your ass ;-)
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:32 am

BRING IT MOFO!!!

I go flip yo motherfucking moon bitch!
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:41 am

Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
BRING IT MOFO!!!

you talkin to me? do you feel lucky..punk? well say hello to my little friend...
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Fty|Topgun09

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Hearts is so easy then I learned that its like golf Embarassed . but Still it's pretty easy
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:40 am

FTY!|josingh20 (Gnu) wrote:
Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
BRING IT MOFO!!!

you talkin to me? do you feel lucky..punk? well say hello to my little friend...

Umm.... I wanted to play with you.... NOT your penis....
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 pm

oooooooohhhhhh kemp just pwned that one up.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:58 am

Fty|jtl94 wrote:
Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
BRING IT MOFO!!!

Umm.... I wanted to play with you.... NOT your penis....

oooooooohhhhhh kemp just pwned that one up.

Who said anything about dick? Kempo, i'm starting to worry you might bat for the other side....Oh wait you do! you're an xbox lover Laughing
Back to top Go down
zonike14
Nothing Special
Nothing Special
zonike14

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:58 pm

My favorite non-cod game is tales of symphonia
i love it because of how original the story line is and the battle system was unbelievable for regular rpgs.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:59 am

WTF? Lego star wars?? anyone? ya got your legos....ya got starwars.....anyone?

and whats the story with Red Ded? when it came out everyone was playing it...anygood?
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Fty|Topgun09

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:13 am

One Game I've been Debating about getting is Elder Scrolls:Oblivion, I heard it's pretty good. Plus My pal Owned the Elder Scrolls 3 for Xbox and he says that's pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Fty|lookin4luv wrote:

and whats the story with Red Ded? when it came out everyone was playing it...anygood?

Oooo yes to lego, but no to staar wars. has to be indianna jones or batman.

i've never seen any of the star wars
Back to top Go down
zonike14
Nothing Special
Nothing Special
zonike14

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Fty|lookin4luv wrote:

Oooo yes to lego, but no to staar wars. has to be indianna jones or batman.

i've never seen any of the star wars

i have oblivion elder scrolls for ps3 its amazing, youl get really into it at first but after you beat the main story line and you just start messing around it gets really boring, no replay value at all
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:51 pm

i used to love the lego star wars' but lego batman came with my 360 and i absolutely hate it.
i tried the demo for Mafia 2 and its freaking amazing, but its M including nudity so i doubt ill be getting it :/ though i have DoA4 which has partial nudity so maybe i can.
i also plan on getting the new spider man game, looks fairly good, but if its as defective as the website then NOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYY.
gnu- never seen any of the Star Wars?! are you insane! they're amazing. see them now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav current gen non-COD game + why?   Fav current gen non-COD game + why? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav current gen non-COD game + why?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next