The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

John L..whatta a guy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

John L..whatta a guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:51 pm

sorry for being off topic and all, as i have nothing to say about these promotions, but
kemp- i LOVE your title or whatever you call it "A Beatle" thats genius. id rather be a Beatle than bang keeley hazell
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Well it is genius considering the one before was entitled god..... Oh the philipinos and senior JTLs will be pleased.... Smile

John Lennon; national treasure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:36 pm

i think at birth John Lennon couldve overthrown the world, but just wanted to make peace and free sex through music. either way it makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:03 pm

well peace and free sex would make most men happy, but it don't mean it's possible.

kids these days with their crazy wishes...... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:07 pm

if he wasnt shot it mighta happened.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 am

Fty|jtl94 wrote:
i think at birth John Lennon couldve overthrown the world, but just wanted to make peace and free sex through music. either way it makes me happy.

Actually, John Lennon, did make the MASTER plan for peace...And it would work...BUT he asks us to pay a HIGH PRICE for world peace:

1: NO religion
2: NO Posessions

no wonder the song was call "imagine" it is almost impossable to think of a world without relegion and posessions...

REGARGING PROMOS: ok, good point about gnu, Joker...

i just think you should get some help with GB

Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 am

lookin wrote:
Actually, John Lennon, did make the MASTER plan for peace...And it would work...BUT he asks us to pay a HIGH PRICE for world peace:

1: NO religion
2: NO Posessions
well he is true........

I see no purpose of religions, as they're all essentially man made - somebody had to create them at some point (which you have to acknowledge, wether you are religious or not; i.e. a dude sent from God; or in atheist terms; the Romans). And all that they have caused in history is conflict in opinion, and consequently war. Although the fulfillment which faith gives may be a good thing; all it really creates is a selfish comforter for people who are afraid of life itself, and the miseries that come with it. This therefore makes it both unneccessary, and ironically hypocritical, seeing as one of the commandments themselves I believe is not to be selfish/greedy?
This also happens with the possesions idea. Now although a world without possesions would be a life without trade, intelligence, and essentially meaning; of which would only make the world a purposeless existence; I believe the idea Lennon is trying to give is once again that of greed, and the taking advantage of your fellow man; i.e. taxing, high prices, theft etc. He's basically trying to say that in an ideal world, possessions are worthless, and so people will not be so devoute in their life to seek, and hog them all, leaving others without. This however is the problem which is faced in every capitalist society, as the rich are always very rich, and the poor very poor.

In simple terms; as difficult and hypothetical as the ideas he presents may seem; Lennon was just making a point that however great our planet may seem; evil is a man-made thing, which is inescapable by all, and the fundamental reason for this is our system of government, society, and moral ground. He's saying that he wished that the human race hadn't come to be as it is today, but instead would progress to a much fairer community, without these hideous parts of human nature; and yet is always aware that this perfection will never be seen by him, nor any man ever to face the Earth again.

Now that is why this man was such a genius, and that is why the song imagine is, I believe, one of the strongest lyrical performances graced to the people of this Earth. It's truely beautiful, and the depth is astonishing. This is why so many people were so mortified by this man's death; as he was not just a musician. He was a philosopher.

Thanks,
Kempo.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 am

well i will give you props for sum understaning of Lennon...most people have no clue...

i once had a felow student claim that song like 'Happyness is a warm gun" promoted school violence...i was like WTF did you even listen to the song? and john lennon? a promoter of violence..i was sadly disgusted....it's like calling gandi a anarchiest...mehhh

anyway i loved the movie "the gods must be crazy" it was funny in the beginning how the tribe shared everything and had no possessions...they shard houses, food, labor....everything was in complete harmony....untill that white guy dropped 1 empty coke bottle on them...i guess we would all have to go back to tribal living to make his first idea work...our society now is too large and advanced to opperate without some form of barter or exchange...

Well even the haterd of religion is a kind of belief...so good luck getting mankind to exisit without it...if it wasnt for God, and Allah, and Budda, people would just worship other people like Barak or Hitler or Keeley which would prob be worse ) :

Star Trek TNG was cool because man had acheived both goals...the explained about possessions..with the cool replicator..you could make anything from a sandwhich to a bar of gold to an Ipod, or whatever, so the only thing you owned were of sentemental value...BUT they never did quite explain how they got rid of Religion...i think they tied it to WW3 (the holocost) and that there were few people left alive after that, and survival outweighed worship....but i think that is untrue...even in the dark days of mankind our ancesstors worshiped the sun, or sum other dumb god...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John L..whatta a guy   John L..whatta a guy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John L..whatta a guy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fortay :: Off-Topic Stuff :: Music-
Jump to:  
The Fortay Chatbox (Click Here To Open/Close)
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com