The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Religous posts moved....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

Religous posts moved.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:39 pm

kemp- its a school holiday here most places, but not Gwinnett county. no siree. they have two days to choose from for snow make up days. this and Martin Luther King day. im all for equality and am glad for everything MLK accomplished, but "one nation under GOD" seems more important than a bunch of black kids that wouldnt do work at school either day they attended. not that all blacks are bad, i love black people. heck, there are just as many, probably more, useless white people on this planet. oh well.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:32 pm

I have no idea what you are rambling on about, all I have is this little voice in my head chanting "KKK-KKK-KKK!!!" Suspect

I got out of that "ugh.... black people.... what's the point? They all only arrange to turn up to work twice a year, but don't even actually turn up then.... why should we al celebrate that these slackers get their ass wiped by us!?!? ...... hmm.... this seems racist on reflection.... maybe I should kick dirt in the white man's face to try to smoothen out the dents a little.... yeah, aren't white people just moronic cunts???"

to which I must reply with the following;

Not all of your country; hell an entire 24% of American citizens - practically one in every 4 if you for whatever reason can't do math, do'nt mean to be patronising, but I seem to sound it in this segment; class themselves as a religion other than Christianity. Now out of those remaining 76% which do class themselves as Christians, I can GUARANTEE that AT LEAST 15% of these (although the true figure is more like around 30%, but I'll just say 15 to avoid disputes, and make it certain of being true) are ACTUALLY of either no faith, or INCREDIBLY weak religious belief, however think "if I had to class myself as a follower of a religion, it would probably be Christianity", or "I don't go to church/whatever plural of mass is/pray, but my parents/close relatives/friends are Christian, so I would therefore probably class myself as one of those", or simply "I was christianed (sp?) as a child, so would therefore class myself as Christian, despite not being actively religious". This makes up for a large chunk of this figure as I said; so therefore all those who take Easter Friday for the true religious festival which it is, is somewhere between 50-65% of people (I know for a fact that 59% of northern Americans have a belief in God, whereas 86% is in the south; but once again the belief in God is CERTAINLY not in perfect correlation with the Jesus revival fiasco). A large amount of people therefore either do not celebrate it, or are simply in it for the gifts, and sense of togetherness at a family time (just like christmas really). So for that reason, a solid argument could be put against there being a holiday on Easter.

But at the end of it all, both are monumentous days to large percentages of the population. To christians, Easter is the time where Jesus relinquished man's sins to God, and God forgave humanity, and to black Americans, Martin Luther King day is where they remember a man who is quite simply one of the bravest human beings in modern history to stand up against such strong prejudices, in such an unspeakable manner at the time - "nigger gone stick up for himself? Who the fuck he gone think he is? I gone shoot that son bitch, put him back in his place", is sadly of course exactly the sort of mindset millions of white Americans had at the time, and inevitably caused for his death, standing for what he believed in, in his quest to relinquish the white man's sins towards the black man, as he tried to free his people peacefully, to give the righteous word that the black community is just as good as the white community, and despite the many centuries of reckless racist torture against his race, by the carcasian race, he decided rather than equally reckless anarchy, he should stand peacefully to give his word, to show exactly how wrong the prejudices were. Black people are not violent. Black people are not angered. Black people have been horrified by their history, but rightly so; and yet they decide to attempt to talk their way to justice, rather than vandalise - exactly the reason why there is no Malcolm X day.

You've got to understand that to the black community, Martin Luther King is easily regarded as the greatest human being of all time. He helped show them the way to live, and the way to fight oppression, and spread the word of love, and quintessentially; he freed the black community of America.

He therefore actually has many similarities to Jesus for the Christian faith. Jesus too fought peacefully against constant criticism, and hatred, to spread the word of love, and freedom for his people. Jesus too knew that he was facing near certain death for the spread of this message, yet chose to continue for the good of humanity; not himself. And most of all; both are considered saviours - whether it be for all Christians, or the black population.

These two individuals therefore hold indentical roles, just for very different people.

Naturally; as a carcasian christian, you will only really see one side of this argument, and will possibly even be offended that I compare Martin Luther King to him, but they are INCREDIBLY alike.

For this reason, it seems almost stupid, and prejudiced that there WOULDN'T be a holiday for the both of them. Because I'm sure that you would say that Jesus was one of, if not THE most influential individual of his century. Well Martin Luther King certainly holds that role in 20th century America.

Now after even ALL THAT you still can't come to terms with there being a holiday for a black man, which I once again point out my first statement.... Rolling Eyes ; then think of it like this.......

You get an extra day off of school.

Is that not enough!?!?

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED TO QUESTION IT!?!?

TAKE IT FROM THE SENATE AND FROM THEIR FUCKING FACES IN IT!

IS THAT NOT E-FUCKING-NOUGH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

im not racist at all kemp.
im all for MLK day. i understand what he did for black people and minorities in general. id say MLK is the greatest American figure in history. alongside Washington and Lincoln.

i wasnt complaining that we get a day off of school due to him, i was saying that our nation was founded on God and MLK wasnt God. Jesus dying to forgive everyone's sins should be more important than MLK's birthday.

i know that most people who claim to be Christians actually arent. they often say at church during the invitation "i know in a room this big, there are unsaved people. you go through the motions, but youre by that water cooler cracking dirty jokes or on inappropriate sites when you are alone" and such like that.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:14 pm

you're not understanding the point......

I'm not bothered about the whole Jesus aspect of it; I'm saying that it's fair enough that there's a celebration for Jesus and stuff, but you've got to understand that not everybody's Christian. That's what I'm saying. A large percentage of the population aren't Christian, or aren't religiously-active Christians, so aren't particularly bothered about the religious aspects of Easter. Jesus' actions are therefore only important to upto 60% of the population - not everybody. The whole ethics of your country are meant to be the land of the free, right? In that case, equality should be natural, and so you should be able to see why Easter really doesn't matter to many people, seeing as they wouldn't believe in Jesus, and so don't think that Jesus did die to protect people's sins.

We've been through this too many times before already; no religions can be proved right or wrong - it's all opinion and interpretation; and opinion by definition is something which cannot be proved right or wrong. Everybody gets through life one way or another, and so aren't obliged to follow christian festivals by any means, because like I say - we can't be certain that anything in the Bible actually happened, nor any other religious book for that matter....

So yes; despite the story of Jesus being more important to you as a Christian; to the black community, Martin Luther King often considered is much more important.

Finally;
JT wrote:
our nation was founded on God

no........ Your nation was founded on the North American Plate, by Christopher Columbus in 1492, and named America in 1497 by Martin Waldseemuller, after Italian explorer, who wrongly claimed its discovery; Amerigo Vespucci.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Commander
Commander
Brock

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:29 pm

I agree with Kempo, i mean seriously JT!?! founded by god? it was founded by Columbus and the Forefathers and The colonists and the pilgrims seeking freedom.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:35 pm

God did not found America. who said that?

kemp- if it is about equality and the church is supposed to be separated, shouldn't Hindu's attend work and school for Christian holidays or should i get Hindu holidays off?
Back to top Go down
Brock
Commander
Commander
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:41 am

You said it JT look at kempos post he quoted you.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Brock- i said nothing about God founding America.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:03 am

AHHHHHHH - can we go ONE topic without mentioning GOD or Jesus or religion in general?

btw...HAppy Easter! flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 am

JT; yes you did, as I quoted....

"our nation was founded on God and MLK wasnt God"

Now whilst I agree that Mr King was just a man; to say that America was founded on God, I find fucken hillarious...... Smile

and as for why you don't get Hindu bank holidays - simply as only 2% of your country actually is hindi, so that would almost be like your whole country getting the day off because your parents had another child. It affects such a small amount of the population (insert your "your mumma's so easy,...." jokes here), that it doesn't quite warrant a national day of celebration.

Seemples.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:38 am

Kempo and brock- that doesn't mean that God founded the nation. being founded on and somebody founding something are completely different. something is founded on a set of beliefs and whatnot, for America, that belief was God. America was founded by our forefathers. on and by are totally different things. i never said God founded America or America was founded by God. that is my final religious rebuttal for the thread.

kempo- hah i like the saying. you should send that one to ole Billy himself.

ram- speaking of waw on non-wii consoles: isn't there some mission where you're on a boat and using the big turrets to shoot down planes? i heard about a mission like that, which wasn't on wii.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Commander
Commander
Brock

PostSubject: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:00 pm

JT stop we have asked everyone to stop talking about religeon, please honor peoples wishes and stop caring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religous posts moved....   Religous posts moved.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religous posts moved....
Page 1 of 1