The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10

Go down 
+8
Fty|Kempo10
Fty|BloodyTears
4TaY|RaMRod
Fty|jtl94
VeggieManny
FTY!|Darkened
4TaY|fredd-vegas
Fty|lookin4luv
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Empty
PostSubject: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:00 am

I love the new invite system, it is now easy to invite 10 players quickly..
but i dont like how it also shows all the 'offline' players too

I love the clear sound all the players have now when talking..
but i dont like how you cant 'turn down' the volume of the other players

I love how you can make your own emblems
but i wish the detail was easier to see...i had to change mine, because it was too hard to tell what my emblem was...

im a lil upset that it is so hard to mute other players in the pregame lobby...

and i played the same map over 10 times last nite...whats up with that? 300 maps and i keep getting the same one? WTF????

BUT nazi zombies kick ass...now i know how everyone feels when they play with me ...

Ram: "here comes lookin on dom"
Lookin: "i...willl....capture...flag...B...uggggg...here....i....come........watch....out....."

stupid extra maps....1 hour download....DL is dun this morn...lol

overall, i love the gameplay, and weapons so far...but more player adjustments are needed...

Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
4TaY|fredd-vegas

Clan Rank : Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:20 am

Lookin theres an easy way to turn down other people. theres this lil wheel on the cord, oh i forgot you dont got the px21s yet. Well easy fix, get them and your set. lol. cheers

The main thing that has pissed me off bout the game is that they dont seem to have fixed the spawn system.

Over all great game though.
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 am

So far I like the game. Still feels like the other COD titles, though some of the maps seem a little small. But, like l4l said, I too played the same maps a few times in a row. Maybe it's the map voting system they implemented? Whatever it is, it would be nice to play some of the other maps once in a while.

The in-game credit feature is sweet! I really like being able to purchase the guns/attachments I want, without having to get the weapon and then complete the stupid challenges, only to get attachments I won't use (Grenade Launchers, Thermal scopes, etc...). Not having the best of luck witn my playercard graphics, but it's a work in progress.

And has anyone else used the Theater feature yet? One word, HOLYFUCKINGSHITTHATSAWESOME!!! Unfortunately, either the BO site is really shitty, or I'm just unable to get my PSN linked to my account for the images to be available.

That one Domination match we had, where the tards on the other team kept claiming we were camping, is easily disputable now with the videos being available.

Invite and Session Joining is simpler, but yeah, would be nice to exclude the offline friends.

So, overall, I'm happy with the games new features.

Speaking of chat. I had my mic plugged in last night, but I have no idea if it was working. Did any of you guys hear me in the lobby, or in-game?
Back to top Go down
VeggieManny
S-Sol--Soldie--- Damn......I would.....
S-Sol--Soldie--- Damn......I would.....
VeggieManny

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:52 pm

I unlocked pilot gunner... all i have to say is

NASTIEST KILLSTREAK EVER!!! i got 14 kills with it before the other team realized that they should probably shoot me down... you get to control your own hind you get to fly it around the map and shoot it by far my favorite killstreak its just disgusting how amazing it is=P

but for now my killstreaks are set at
5- napalm strike - real good if you know where they're heading can completely block an area off...
7- chopper - good if you know where they're spawning sucks if they switch spawns on you...
11- like i said PG is fucking awesome=) I Rule
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:59 am

That killstreak is awsome, dogs are sweet also, ram got some in a match yesterday and they raped the other team.

I started getting my pros now, got hardline pro, i can change care packages now. coolest perk ever. I always get ammo, yesterday I did a change and got a death machine, then got it in the kill cam. Sweet.

Got second chance pro too, very useful. Now anyone on our team can bring me back to life.

Also got hardened, nothing too special just added damage against turrets and airccraft.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
The Fuck?!?!..... I Don't Sing For No-One Motherfucker...
Fty|jtl94

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:53 am

i havent played online yet... but story rocks! 5 more missions!
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:29 pm

has anyone played the online training game yet...?

OMG ROFL....

it takes the players from your friends list, and makes them AI players in the match...

ahh what fun..gunning down all the clan

weapon a noscoper? that was different...

but i did get to multi kill shock and nip...ah what fun...

its like a game inside a game...and you can invite real players to join you there...ill level up first then invite rammy...heeheheeheehhee

i dont even need you guys anymore...hahaha jk

Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:33 pm

haha thats the only time lookin every does better than anyone else Wink ahaha.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:06 pm

The DOGS do indeed RAPE... I'm Lovin it..

The biggest thing I didn't realise is... when you get the ability to go pro on your perk.. you have to purchase the pro perk.. I wasn't aware of this until last night.. You don't just automatically get the pro perk like in MW... So keep this in mind.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Cursing Ranter
Back to top Go down
Fty|BloodyTears
Geek
Geek
Fty|BloodyTears

Clan Rank : Vice-Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:36 pm

im still tryin to get use to cod on xbox, suprisingly im not so great

*the whole clan stands in awe saying, "gasp, the great bloodi who owned all on the wii is not good at cod on the 360!!!"*

now to my very short and simple review of black ops,

other than the excessive camping,which dosnt help my gamerage. black ops is good in my book

Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 pm

lol lookin. Yeah i hope you dont have to keep buying pro and face paint and camos and such every time you prestiege, i mean i can see buying the weapons and attachments, but everything. uuggghh
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:57 pm

I've done the bots, if anything just as an escape to play people who I can actually kill (hardened guys, not lower, and CERTAINLY not higher!)....

I'm loving the zombies, which I was playing with Zo today, but it's real hard to get into double figures..... our record's still only 7..... Rolling Eyes

as for the multiplayer...... if I improve to the level which I was at on wii, I think it'll be pretty good.
As for currently though; I'm just forcing myself to laugh off the constant 0.5 kd's I get......

ugh.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:03 pm

havent played online yet. did some simulation, on easy just to get used to it :p, and did great all of them, getting to know the maps and such. im once again in love with the dragonov and am looking forward to sniping with it. but still kinda sad there are only 4 snipers, not including the rifles can have the IV scope on them, sorta like the termal on mw2, but id still rather have more guns.

do any of the shottys have attachments? the first one doesnt but i havent bought the second on sim yet so idk.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:07 am

im loving the zombies...BUT im not too sure what to do...

should i try to rush through? opening doors quiclky? or should i save my cash, and go through each door at certain times? IDK...me and vik played for about 2 hours yesterday, of corse she is a total COD noob...so she didnt do too much better than me...haha jk...

anyway..tips tricks with zombies? when should i move to room 2, room 3?

unlike bloodi and kempo...im doing pretty good online...and i find it easier to ttrack and kill lurkers...prob because most players havnt spent the 5000 on claymors yet...
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:36 am

LL We gotta get into a Zombies match with Brock. He knows his stuff when it come to Zombies.

Me and cakes have been pretty successful trying to hold out the main room as long as you are able. Then proceed to open doors when needed.

The more doors you open, the more area you give the Zombies to attack from. I'm no Zombie pro by any means but this is what I found to work the most effective.

Also a good gun is the Key.. I haven't figured out a great set up yet.

In W@W the ray gun with a Trenchy as a side was my go to package.. There also was a beastly pistol (magnum) that took care of the zomibes with one good shot. I'm sure in BO there is a pistol that would be the equivelent.. Prob the Python.. and alway try for the H/S to get max points.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:56 am

Ram: yes...Brock left poor lookin behind....but he was playing with 2 experienced players...

he kempt saying dont kill the 'crawlers'..the zombies with no legs...but i dont know why?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:29 am

Brock , pnut, and myself made it to lvl 30 last night on der riesie (sp?) He def knows his stuff on there. I am like 438 on the leader board for that lvl on psn now. WOOT!!
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 pm

lookin- zombies is fun, farthest ive gotten was 9 i believe, 7 with clan folk (kemp and i) but then we got raped, the ray gun is awesome! only tip i can give you is to only knife in the first round, saves bullet and is still a one hit kill... re-kill?

ram- never count on any of the pistols, unless you play hc. but in zombies they blow, always have to hit the head, multiple times.
Back to top Go down
TallQ
I wouldn't Fight Back.......Unless She Wants Me To....
I wouldn't Fight Back.......Unless She Wants Me To....
TallQ

Clan Rank : SuperAwesomeCoolDudeGuy

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Fun ass game, o, and TURTLE BEACH KICKS ASS!!!!!!!

Famas for the win (so far that is as far as i got)

So far i like everything.

O, and Kemp, the clock on the main page, if you put all the code in a single widget, with no spaces between each clock, it should work, otherwise i can look for the code for you that will do it, but i fear that the amount of clocks may be an issue.

Did i mention Turtle Beach rocks?
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:10 am

my fav rifle so far is the m14. only good one in core and even better in hc.

my biggest complaint (small since i now have hc) is that the rifles and snipers are way underpowered.

i might ask for some TBs for Christmas. how much does a pair run for?
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:54 am

lol JT...you got lots of options...since u have the 360....

however i have heard the wireless headsets on the 360 r a blessing and a curse....ya you got no wires...but im told they eat rechargable batts, which makes sense...amplifiers use a lot of power...

if you get the wired TBs that every1 (BUT ME) now has for the ps3, well, id bring $100 and expect enough change to buy a hamburger...

i have been told they totaly improve game play by letting you hear the game sounds through the headset...

now if your parents say "TB's $85? is that all?" then i push for the trittons...$260 but i have been told totaly bad ass...

however, TB makes like 16 headsets for the 360 and only 1 for the ps3, so if you research the TBs for the 360, please post your decission and price on the 'headsets thread'

Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:25 am

TB's rock 4 SURE.. Mines broke.. The one earphone with the swivel piece broke.. RaM's a pretty handy dude.. So no worries.. After a trip to Lowes for some JB Weld and about 24 hours.. everything should be A OK.

So be warned TB owners.. The px21 are not industructable... Like I thought... However I do abuse my ALOT...

ALSO L4L: The advantage to leaving the crawlers @ the end of the round is, they are less of a threat and slow.. If you leave them crawl. it gives you time to reload, rebiuld barries, open doors & get guns. Until that last crawler is dead your round will not advance.

Also if your playing along with Brock and his guys.. It's not a good idea to go up to a window another player is already at killing Zombies.. ?? A courtesy thing I guess.. ??? They will give you an ear full if you do.. Cursing Ranter

I
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:41 pm

lookin- id rather not have wireless, less batteries i need the better. but will a wired one eat my controller battery faster?

ram- just makes sense to not join someone at a window, steal their points and you should be guarding your own window.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:07 pm

I was having a conversation in game last night about KDR's. Come to find out when you go to playercard then TDM the KDR it shows you isnt your actual KDR. You have to change the filter then you get the real one.

Just in case anyone hadnt noticed.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:25 pm

yeah to get the real one you can go to your playercard and then gamestats or whatever that section is... and then scroll to the one that has your favorite gun on the right side. on the left it will have your total kdr. though i like my tdm kdr better :/
i am on a quick route to 1.0 though! got from .81 to .85 in like three games... then boought a contract for the dragunov and it might have gone down some... i hate that gun. no clue why i bought the contract.
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:59 am

i can't work out how to use my TB's.....

for chat they're perfect.

For gameplay sound they work perfectly with the RGY Scart, but it muffles the sound of the chat, because RGY is mono.

I need to know how to run my HDMI cable AND headset (without breaking the RGY wire in order to do so) for ultimate awesomeness

help please? Smile

Thanks,
Kempo.

P.S. Q; I had tried that a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't work.... Sad

P.S.S. My best score on "five" is a 17 with a group of 4 friends, but I can't get any higher than a meiger 14 with 3 or less people Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
4TaY|fredd-vegas
4TaY|fredd-vegas

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 am

I couldnt get my TB's to work with the HDMI so I am just using component cables.

I made it to lvl 30 on der riese in a 3 man team.
Back to top Go down
Fty|jtl94
Fty|jtl94

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 pm

highest i got was like 7 with Kempo, Authorities and some other guy.
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Ok, so I've got a major gripe with the games spawning.

The last few games, I have been spawning just a few feet away from the other teams spawn point, which wouldn't be a problem, if their spawn wasn't behind mine!

And last night the server crashed at least 3 times while I was playing, and took about 30 minutes to come back and be stable. This was probably just caused by growing pains, with all the extra media being saved, but still very annoying.

As the for TB's, that's the primary reason I went with the Trittons. It used the digital out for it's sound. This works out great, because I can still use both outputs (HDMI & S/PDIF) for audio. No need to component cables and loosing the surround sound. But, like l4l said, they are quite a bit more than the TB's. And now BestBuy has the special edition COD:BO Trittons available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10   first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first impressions? Black Ops 11/9/10
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next