The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Share | 

FTY! impersonators

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: FTY! impersonators   Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi

Just as a heads up to the moderators and our genuine members, it seems that there are a number of people just adding the FTY! tag to their PSN without making an application. Further to this, I have first hand experience of these "members" RG'ing, noob toobing and genrally glitching.

This is of PARAMOUNT concern, and wonder what we should do about it?

The word 'gnu' is consistently pronounced with two syllables as in "g-noo", with the g clearly enunciated, and the n unpalatalised.

So there. Bite me. Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by FTY!|josingh20 (Gnu) on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
Fty|BloodyTears
Geek
Geek

Clan Rank : Vice-Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:15 pm

what the hell is noob oobing

Weak...

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:16 pm

i say get columbo on the scene.

If this doesn't work; there's not alot else you can do to be totally honest. You could change the tag ever so slightly, like oTx have done with "~" at the end of their names to decipher who the real members are.......

I say change the ! to a different symbol....

Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:06 am

well regarding the PSN end of things..the prob is, the 'clan tag' can be changed at a moments notice, we sometimes use it to send messages, like "TDM"=play TDM, or "Wait"= dont start yet, etc....

Often we will have 5 FTY! in a game. Player #6: the friend of the FTY player, or the total stranger, will change his tag to match ours...

obviously we cant stop him from doing it, and there is currently no Kick option, even in privite matches...

however, this is generally temporary, they change it back to "fuck" or "kill" or whatever, after they leave our match....

we do get some people that are interested in joining us, when they 'friend invite' we always explain, they must join the FTY! site and review the rules before TRUE membership.

So far i have not seen any TRUE members cheat or glitch, and the few that have broken the rules have been contact by Joker, he puts his sniper rifle in their mouth and clamly RE-explains the FTY rules, it has worked well so far...

and of course any 'friend' of an FTY! member, that continues to sport the tag 'in game', is contacted by Joker or Me, if they arnt interrested in membership, they respectfully change the Tag.

we also get "Yfty" = "WTF does FTY mean?"
and "FYT" = "enemy of FTY" or "Fuk your Team"
most people i talk to, assume our tag means "Fuk Young Teens" i hope they mean girls....lol

anyway, slightly out of my control, and of course, anything we change to, can be copied by some noob, however since out tag isnt as catchy as "Ku$h" or "Boss" or "420" (The HUGE clans)...we are not copied mainstream...so dont worry...

also i know many FTY PS3 are also members of small local groups, when they play with those groups, i think it is fine if they drop the FTY! tag, during those games. it is ok to play with "Hon" or "Hol", just change it back when you get into a clan match....which, so far, everyone has been very good about...

As they say the most sincere form of flattery is imitation. LONG LIVE FTY

ALSO: if you see a PSN gamer, member or not, cheating or toobing, with the FTY tag on, PM me or Joker, we WILL take care if it, but right now we handle it on a 'case by case' basis.

and, regretably, we must get 20 'toob' kills with each gun to 'master the weapon' so that is why 'toobing' is not completely banned in the PS3 division.

Kempo Again....

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 am

Yeah I'm guessing we can't really do much but educate and offer membership. I swapped teams and went and spoke to some of the others and told them to make an app and some said they would do it, but I'm not sure. Sorry, I just get angry when someone takes the proverbial, and I really like being part of this clan so don't want people to jeopardise it.

Fty|lookin4luv wrote:
also i know many FTY PS3 are also members of small local groups, when they play with those groups, i think it is fine if they drop the FTY! tag, during those games. it is ok to play with "Hon" or "Hol", just change it back when you get into a clan match....which, so far, everyone has been very good about...

Ha ha, yes this was me...Hands up. And indeed I do change it when I come out of my local clan. I actually no longer play with them so you shouldn't see it happening too often. By the way, HOL = Health On Line. It was the name of where I used to work, and they were guys from work that we played together as a team. You might have seen Truckton, Homster...?

The word 'gnu' is consistently pronounced with two syllables as in "g-noo", with the g clearly enunciated, and the n unpalatalised.

Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 am

GNUUUUUUUUUUUUU wrote:
It was the name of where I USED TO work

does that mean.......?
You got the job? Bouncy

Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 pm

I did! :-) cheers

Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Nice Gnu... Congrats....

Did you prestige???

Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:43 pm

YES GNU!!!!!!!

Well in........

Always believed man.... Wink

Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Aww thanks very much, start on monday, so fun times! not many late nights during week, but fri's and sat's :-) ooooh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:38 am

i wasnt trying to single you out Gnu, HON= honduras...and yes i was wondering what HOL was since i doubted you joind a dutch clan.

congrats on the job! but i heard about it b4, and i dont have any cool pics to post ) :

Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 am

ok, 2 things.. WTF happend in GB last night? who da fluk is kimbo? joker? gnu? whats up?

[color=red]anyway, im pissed at this kimbo guy, if he is joing our gb matches w/o invitem he is getting us disqualified!!! Cursing Ranter Joker worked too hard on our GB team to be fluked around by sum punk!!!! soooo if kimbo joins up here, and gets with the rules, gets with the program, and stops being a bitch I say maybe. IF NOT, ALL MEMBERS SHOULD DELETE HIM, IF HE IS ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST HE CAN JOIN A MATCH ANYTIME!!![/color]

LOOKIN DUSTS OFF HIS BAN HAMMER, damn ive never even thought of picking this thing up b4..hmmmmm Crying or Very sad

and kemp, not to be picky, or sound self important, but we need London, and the 4 US time zones on the world colck, perhaps with their corrosponding canadian time zones..canadias dont seem to know american time zone terminology..

tokyo dont do us much good (right now)

Kempo Again....

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Fty|lookin4luv wrote:
ok, 2 things.. WTF happend in GB last night? who da fluk is kimbo? joker? gnu? whats up?

[color=red]anyway, im pissed at this kimbo guy, if he is joing our gb matches w/o invitem he is getting us disqualified!!! Cursing Ranter Joker worked too hard on our GB team to be fluked around by sum punk!!!! soooo if kimbo joins up here, and gets with the rules, gets with the program, and stops being a bitch I say maybe. IF NOT, ALL MEMBERS SHOULD DELETE HIM, IF HE IS ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST HE CAN JOIN A MATCH ANYTIME!!![/color]

LOOKIN DUSTS OFF HIS BAN HAMMER, damn ive never even thought of picking this thing up b4..hmmmmm Crying or Very sad

and kemp, not to be picky, or sound self important, but we need London, and the 4 US time zones on the world colck, perhaps with their corrosponding canadian time zones..canadias dont seem to know american time zone terminology..

tokyo dont do us much good (right now)

Right, well story goes like this. I was in a match and suddenly Kimbo joins and he's got the FTY! tag. So i'm like "who are you" and he's like "oh yeah im new in the clan, been here about a month", and im like "oh i havent seen you before online or in game" and he's like "yeah add me".

Suddenly we're playing GB and he joins and it not only puts us off looking for him joining but it gets the attention of the other team (of course it does) and their comments were "keep your team under control".

I'm not being funny but I did mention this sort of self tagging going on as I could see it becoming a problem with just a handful of people. the sad thing is, is that it ONLY takes a small amount of people to ruin it and then suddenly our reputation (if immature) will be dashed.

I've had people add me after beating them on games, adding the FTY tag, i've then told them to come online and fill out an app, and they dont and then next thing i know either they continue to use the fty tag after the games have ended but then i get invited to say eg. camping games, or boosting games, or even hacked games. it seems there is nothing i can do.....

<rant over = hand ache>

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
FTY!|Joker
Commander
Commander

Clan Rank : Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Well... he is in the clan.. but he got kinda annoying... I was playing gb match with martin he and joined a lot and he was fucking around... I deleted him from my list and he kept msging me!!!!!! it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5089027&amp;amp;amp;am
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:41 pm

ok guys; here's the problem as I see it.

You guys are suffering from........ niceness.....

If a guy turns up with the tag, and you havent a fucking clue who the dude is, you say "who are you, and why do you have the tag?" If he says that he's joined, you say "no you haven't until you've posted an application on the site, and been confirmed in." if they say they have, you tell them to "get on the site then, and talk to me in the chatbox." if they then 1) say "no" in one way or another; 2) go on the site, and you see in the "latest registered member" thing where it says "members online" says the name of that dude; or in the most retarded case of all 3) the guy asks what the site URL is; then he is BLATENTLY talking bollocks, and you should just tell this dude to fuck off, or feel the wrath of an angry pre-pubic Brit. Delete the fucker; ignore his messages, and move on. He's not worth it. He's just a prick.

There.

Follow that, and this problem will never happen again.

Thanks,
Kempo.

Back to top Go down
VeggieManny
S-Sol--Soldie--- Damn......I would.....

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow kemp did you eat a bowl of steroids for breakfast and just roid out on us?? Jk but in all seriousness he is right it sucks that we can't actually control who throws on our tag and who doesn't because even if e were to yell at them and say take it off they could just say no and wear it around for god knows how long... but with the instances of people ruining game battle matches thse people should just be deleted by all members... therefore limiting the chances of them ruining things for us...

Thanks
Veggie
Ps this whole message was brought to you by my phone so it took me forever and was almost ruined by a phone call and any typos should be ignored because this keyboard is tiny and my thumbs are relatively large done!
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 pm

no, I just get a little.........frustrated.... when discipline isn't shown, and people just run about thinking they can do whatever the hell they want. I'm not having it. I'd rather fuck a beetroot.

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 am

I agree kemp, AND thats the plan...

we just have a lot of cool players recruiting other cool players..so sumtimes a 'bad apple' gets through....

the trouble is, when somebody adds the FTY tag, and then joins an FTY match, well, you are rite kemp, we are all laidback guys, so we accept the friend invite sent to us. of course (not always checking the site for their app).

However, after 6 months, this is the first MAJOR problem we have had.

I think we should all follow Joker's lead, and delete him, again, as long as he is on ONE of our friends list, he can join an FTY match and start it all over again.

and of course, during a GB match is nither the time or place to fight with him, or try to explain our rules to him. GRRRRRRRR

HOWEVER, in his defense, many Ps3 clans were just 'madeup' and do not have a site, a GB team, or rules of play...

That being said, untill kimbo comes by, does an app, and agrees to our rules i think he should stay deleted, and if re-added it sould be probationary untill he show he can behave respectfully to other members...

WE do have a few FTY members that havnt yet filled out their app, and become OFFICIAL members, i look at them as probationary members, and let them play with us, my hope is that they like us, and then want to become official members,

Legend Of Humanity In Training....

Clan Rank : Senior Member

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 am

After that kind of thing I dont see why he should ever get the chance to join.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:49 am

Fty|Cheese Nip wrote:
After that kind of thing I dont see why he should ever get the chance to join.

Agreed - guilty until proved innocent ie can amend his ways by playing in a public game

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:57 am

Lookin (still holding his BAN HAMMER)...is very close to agreeing with Nip...

my only problem is, some people dont know they are being assholes, but since i now have 3 votes against

Joker (ps3 leader)
C Nip (senior member)
and Kemp (clan leader)
and GNU (senior member)

well, thats all it takes for me....IDK if he was recruited, or just added the tag...if he was recruited, and the member that wants him in, would like to speak to him and post in his defense, ill reconsider, but as of now.....

WHAMMMMMMO!!! the BAN HAMMER FALLS!! Off With The Head

Kimbos_A_Punk = R.I.P

ALL MEMBER DELETE KIMBO, if he joins again, the member that has him on his friends list may also face discplinary action.. Off With The Head

Kempo

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 am

I was there for some of the confusion..

EVERYONE was telling the dude he has to leave... He didn't listen..

This was a sanctioned match.. that he Flucked up for everyone...

Don't sweat the decision.. it had to happen sometime.. We are all great guys and easy to get along with that respect each other...

That's what this clan is about..

Akimbos was told to do something and didn't.. that DisRespect.. NOT WELCOME HERE...
Back to top Go down
Fty|Volke911

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:39 am

I Agree with Ramrod
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 am

Ugh..... Reading these responses has sparked many things which have pissed me off and need addressing.

I'm transferring to the laptop, and will from there post an essay.....

Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:54 am

wow, i havent had so many FTY agree on one subject since....

Volke uttered those imortal words, "Lookin you suck!"

Joker: Twisted Evil
Martin: Twisted Evil
Ramrod: Twisted Evil
Cheese Nip: Twisted Evil
Ginger: Twisted Evil
Shock: Twisted Evil
Ballin: Twisted Evil
Gnu: Twisted Evil

Lookin: scratch

oh well im sure id get more votes, but we didnt have that many members back then...lol

KEMPO: he is banned, banned, banned, banned, no more discussion...dont get yourself all worked up lil buddy...and i did it b4 Joker got pissed... Cursing Ranter

we just dont ban often, so i wanted to get the topic out there, and make sure there was no miscommunication, give all members a chance to give an opnion...

Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:05 am

No you don't understand. Curing an illness is all well and good, but it won't stop it from coming back in other people.

I'm stopping the root cause right now; by making a MASSIVE update to the site, and the way in which applications are made. That is what's happening, ad there's nothing you, nor Joker, nor Kimbos_A_Punk can do about it. Mad

I'm pissed off, and I'm taking initiative to stop this kinda shit from ever happening again, because otherwise you guys will only end up bringing in more and more of the fuckers.

And that my friend. Is not gonna happen.

Thanks,
Kempo.

Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Fty|Kempo10 wrote:
No you don't understand. Curing an illness is all well and good, but it won't stop it from coming back in other people.

I'm stopping the root cause right now; by making a MASSIVE update to the site, and the way in which applications are made. That is what's happening, ad there's nothing you, nor Joker, nor Kimbos_A_Punk can do about it. Mad

I'm pissed off, and I'm taking initiative to stop this kinda shit from ever happening again, because otherwise you guys will only end up bringing in more and more of the fuckers.

And that my friend. Is not gonna happen.

Thanks,
Kempo.

So what's happening?

Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:54 pm

I am amidst a little project as you can see if you click on one of the application forums...... Smile

Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 pm

hmm, you need to show a SLIM ps3, not a phat one next to the new xbox...

Back to top Go down
Fty|Heavey
Nothing Special
Nothing Special

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:01 pm

I have just over 50 Javelin kills....hehehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FTY! impersonators   

Back to top Go down

FTY! impersonators
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fortay :: Latest Clan News :: PS3 News-
Jump to:  
The Fortay Chatbox (Click Here To Open/Close)
Free forum | Video games | Nintendo Wii | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com