The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Log-In Below, Or If You're New Here, Set Up A New Account.
The Fortay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortay Gaming Clan

HomeAmazon StorePortalGamebattlesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Fortay, Please Register With Our Forum, To Join Us.
PLEASE ADD ALL MEMBERS FROM THE FC LIST ON THE FORUM!!!
If You Want To Join The Fortay, Please Read Our Clan Rules, And Post An Application For A Tryout.
Please Bump Our Thread - http://forums.activision.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5282&p=78276#p78276
Rules Of Fty: 1) No Cheating, 2) Enjoy Yourself, 3) Kill Weapon4H Repetitively
If You Haven't Already, Please Watch The Fortay Advertisement In The Left Side Bar.
Gamebattles: http://gamebattles.com/wii/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex/team/the-fortay
Fty. The Fortay Of Gaming.
In Soviet Russia, road forks you
The Fortay’s Official Twitter Feed - TheFortayClan
Similar topics
Fty GameBattles Teams

The Fortay Playlist

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome

Go down 
+8
FTY!|Darkened
Fty|Martin_Dark01
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
4TaY|Gnu
Fty|Kempo10
Fty|Zodiac
4TaY|RaMRod
Fty|lookin4luv
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

Clan Rank : Fty Board Member & PS3 Regiment Leader

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 am

Welcome to our Guide (Rev 1.7)

Well, if you have played on the PS3, you have heard it: a guy eating chips, kids fighting in the background, or just an annoying Hisssss that lasts the whole game. Yes, Mute is an answer…but NOT when you are playing as a clan.

We hope this guide will continue to grow, with advice on adjustments and products from members. We'll get the ball rolling….(NOTE: We will use the term : Mic, to refer to a bluetooth headset or wired headset)

Note 9/17/10: While most of this section is related to the universal search for a good headset; it sould be noted that the Xbox has different sound capabilities than the PS3. The authors of this guide, are both PS3 players, so some headset recommendations may be PS3 specfic. Check with the Mfg, your clan mates, or post a question here, if you have questions regarding a headset for YOUR specific game system. Xbox players: feel free to post questions, advice or recommondations here too, but please make sure to include 'Xbox headset' along with your question/recommendation. This will insure that you question is answered correctly, and that your recommendation is posted correctly in the guide.

SECTION #1 (terms):

First lets DEFINE some terms, so we are all on the same page:

NOISE: Unintended sounds coming through the Mic (a hiss, static, hum, breathing, etc….)

FEEDBACK: An echo from the Mic, when it is too sensitive or too close to the speaker (you may actually hear an echo of other players speaking, or game sounds)

SENSITIVITY: The Amplitude (Volume) a sound much reach, before it is picked up and transmitted by the Mic.

SELECTIVITY: Setting the Mic, so it broadcasts only the sounds that are intended for broadcast.

Also Note: Just to the right of the Game Map, you will see a small White Speaker Icon, flashing on and off, when the White Speaker Icon is ‘LIT’, it means YOU are broadcasting, at that moment.

SECTION#2 (equiptment):

Obviously I can't speak to all the great audio equiptment out there. The basic two types of devices used with the PS3 are the standard Bluetooth Headset, and the Standard Audio headset.

A Bluetooth is wireless, small, and self-contained. The main drawbacks with a bluetooth headset is sound quality and feedback. Because the Mic is so close to the speaker, feedback is common. Also, because the mic lacks Selectivity it often transmits other sounds (game sounds, breathing, others talking, phones ringing) These headsets are sold for:

"Low noise environments" - A completely quiet room, with just you speaking.

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Buug4g11

"Moderate noise environments" - Driving in a car, or a active room (others speaking).

"Noisy environments" - Driving in traffic, factorys, construction (machine noise). These are the most expensive of the bluetooth headsets, they usually feature 'noise canceling technology' and have a 'Boom Mic'

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Buhdry10

Like Bluetooth headsets, Audio Headsets, come in a variety of styles and prices. However, because they have larger headset speakers, their sound quality is generally better, and because the Mic is on a 'Boom' it is more Selective, and the Sensitivity can be more accurately adjusted.

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Ux_a0910

A majority of Audio headsets are WIRED (not wireless), this also improves the Mic and Speaker quality. Some have been paired with bluetooth technology, giving you the sound quality of an Audio Headset, with the Freedom of bluetooth, however they are often around $100 in price.

The other disadvantage of an Audio Headset is the Size, obviously, it is much larger than a traditional Blutooth earpeice.

Also Note: ALL bluetooths are compatable with the PS3. Concentrate on Quality / Value / Comfort when buying a headset, don't be fooled by overpriced "Gaming" or "PS3" headsets, these are generaly just relabled Plantronics headsets.

Also Note #2: If you are buying a WIRED headset for your PS3, Make sure you get one with a USB jack NOT a 3.5" audio jack.

Also Note#3: KEEP YOUR RECIEPT! Don't be afraid to return or exchange a crappy headset, just tell the seller "Your headset is crappy!", they won't be suprised, trust me...and they may give you an honest recommendation for a replacement.

SECTION #3 (PS3 and COD audio Adjustments):

The important thing to keep in mind in this section is Balance, not between left and right, but between the play station and the software (in this case COD). Both the PS3 and the game COD have INDEPENDANT audio adjustments. Always begin to fine tune your audio adjustments with the PS3 adjustments. When these are correct, you can then use the software adjustments to complete your audio setup.

PS3 Input:

After installing your audio device, it will automaticaly be assigned as your default INPUT device, since the PS3 has no Mic. Below that are the INPUT volume settings (From 1-5). Start with a Volume of 2, speak in a normal tone, and watch the audio bar. If when you speak, the indicator goes into the high RED, your Input volume is set too HIGH (too Sensitive). Also, if you notice that the BLUE section of your indicator is always lit, this is another indication of the volume being set too HIGH (too Sensitive).

PS3 Output:

As with the input, your new audio device will be set as the default OUTPUT device. Unlike the Input, however, you have the option of selecting 'Default Output' and hear the sounds of others speaking through your TV or speakers.

The above option is helpful for several reasons:
1. Voices of other players are clearer through the TV.
2. This prevents Feedback from the bluetooth speaker to the bluetooth Mic (especially on smaller, cheaper headsets).
3. Because feedback is less likely, due to #2, the Mic volume, Sensitivity, can be increased, if necessary.

The main drawback of using the 'default' setting on the output, is Privacy, since now everyone in the room can hear what is being said by others, during games.

Also Note: Most bluetooth headsets also have their own volume settings, read your manual, and test it with your phone (adjust if necessary), before using it with you PS3.

SECTION #4 (Product Recommendations):

Are you looking for a wireless headset or wired? If wireless, I would recommend the Plantronics Voyager 520. It's a little pricy at $80, but well worth the money IMO. I use this headset at work and only have to charge it once a week. At home I've been using my old headset, a Plantronics Voyager 510. It's the one with the boom in Lookins original post. I have no idea how well it sounds in game, so I'll have to rely on anyone I've played with to chime in on their quality.

As for wired, there are only a couple options if you want game sounds and chat sounds, Sharkroon, Tritton and Turtle Beach all offer headsets that will play game sounds and chat sounds. Aside from those, any USB headset will work to play chat sounds only.

PS3 Headsets:

Xbox Haedsets:

Gotta go to work…ill finish this soon….

Last edited by Fty|lookin4luv on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:40 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : im back....)
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

Clan Rank : Senior Member & Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 am

YIKES..... I live in MAD HOUSE.... Kids running around, Dogs barking, 2 TV's in the living room... It get kind nuts and noisy.

Sorry..
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 am

Fty|RaMRod wrote:
YIKES..... I live in MAD HOUSE.... Kids running around, Dogs barking, 2 TV's in the living room... It get kind nuts and noisy.

Sorry..

Wel, this guide is not to critize anybody, the idea is to help with just those problems...we all have stuff goin on, or limited funds to spend on ps3 equiptment, so my goal here is not to BITCH, but to help our players get the MOST and BEST from the equiptment they already have..and to save money on stuff in the future...

I will gladly help anyone with adjustments in a privite match, but i will also admit..im using a $10 bluetooth headset...(and as my guide will later explain)...sometimes cheap dont work so well, so i hope to get feedback on how i can improve my sound quality too...

LOOK FOR THE GUIDE ABOVE TO GROW
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 am

I know LL.. I didn't think you were criticize me.. I just wanted to let everyone know my place get crazy at times...

I think I'm gonna get a PS bluetooth.. I have a real hard time hearing everyone and my volume is totally jacked...

Mine right now is shitty (MADCATS) I have to turn my head at an angle to get the volume to come thru correctly
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:14 am

wait till i finish my guide, b4 u buy!
Back to top Go down
Fty|Zodiac
Commander
Commander
Fty|Zodiac

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:01 am

sorry lookin i kinda have to breathe when i play cod , i play much better that way :p
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

Clan Rank : Head Of The Fortay Board

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Holy shit lookin..... That's a frikin massive guide......... Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinfty.com
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 am

well, as you can see, it is still under construction..

Kemp: ya, this thing is gonna grow, ill prob do 20 revisions..

Zo: NO BREATHING!!! JK, that will be covered under my windscreen advice section....however, transmitting the sound of you breathing, is a sensitivity issue....

but ya, if you ever wondered why that piece of foam is covering the mic, especially on headsets...thats the windscreen..filters out breathing, on the 'news cameras' you see on tv, they have a larger one on their mics, because they are actually outdoors, in the wind...lol with all the modern technology...we still rely on a piece of foam, to insure sound quality
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:32 am

Ok, it's pretty much down to using your common sense - "gaming" headsets are over-rated and over-priced, often aimed at your average fanboy (take these cans for the xbox: Skullcandy SGS)

The best thing I've found is to go with a wired usb solution from Logitech, who make GREAT headsets for things like skype and msn. Because their headsets are designed for clarity, this makes gaming excellent with them. I have a pair of Logitech 350's, though you could go for something like the ClearChat Pro's or the 250's are nice too.

Also, imho, you could get a usb extension cord so that you can lie back on the sofa without your face needing to be against your tv to game. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.mixsinghmusic.co.uk
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:24 am

i have to admit, the best sound qualit and noise reduction i have seen is from wired usb headsets...but i would love someone to recommend a GOOD CHEAP bluetooth.

my prob is, i get half way to work, b4 i realize im still wearing my wired headset, i look in my review mirror, and there is my ps3 dragging behind my car, attached to me by the USB.... Doh!
Back to top Go down
4TaY|RaMRod
Kempo
Kempo
4TaY|RaMRod

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

LMHO...> Sound like rammie when he first realised the PS3 controlers are wireless to...

I was like damn why is this controler wire so damn short... then one day I mistakely pulled the wire out and the controler still worked... LOL
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

Clan Rank : Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:56 pm

OH MY GOD

RaM, u r a genius Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fty|Martin_Dark01
Commander
Commander
Fty|Martin_Dark01

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:10 pm

jajajajajaajajajajaja Doh!
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

Clan Rank : Administrating Assistant

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Fty|RaMRod wrote:
LMHO...> Sound like rammie when he first realised the PS3 controlers are wireless to...

I was like damn why is this controler wire so damn short... then one day I mistakely pulled the wire out and the controler still worked... LOL

WTF Ram! I laughed so hard I actually got tears in my eyes.

I've been doing some searching for a good wireless headset, not a BlueTooth (BT) headset, but an actual headset. There are times I have to play with the volume muted so I don't wake up the misses, and I miss out on alot of the game noises, like guns firing, or people walking up behind me to mug me of my killstreak rewards! Using the BT headset allows me to hear other people chatting in-game and in the lobby, but I get no game sounds.

Unfortunaely, I have not found any wireless solutions for the PS3. What I did find was a decent looking wired option from TurtleBeach:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px21.aspx

I may pick this one up just to see it will work out for me. I'm a little nervous about the USB cable, for the same reason Lookin mentioned above.

Now, if your a 360 user, you've got some really sweet options from TurtleBeach. They have a really nice, sounding, wired and wireless option:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets.aspx

Here's my 2 cents on BT headsets. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to the BT headsets. I've for the Plantronic's Voyager pictured above, with the boom. The battery life is phenominal. I used to use it at work, and it would last the entire week on the same charge. Now that I use it at home, it wil hold a charge for weeks sometimes. I'm not sure how clear it sounds, but I've never heard anyone say I sound like crap.

If your looking for a BT headset, here are the brands I would recommend based on my experience:

Plantronic Voyager series
Jabra
Jawbone

Hope this helps. And I'll post up my thoughts on the wired headset if I end up getting it.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:54 pm

i find it hilarious how long ago the last post before theses were
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:37 am

well there are posts, and views...soon all the noobs will come here when they join, to find out about headsets...

i seem to hear turtlebeach alot...is that what coca has?
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:54 am

i dont know, but those look wayyyy better then the bluetooths, only there too expensive that i wont get 1 for a while...
Back to top Go down
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 am

rofl..... like sterling would have them...... sheesh.... Rolling Eyes

and I got me some TB's on pending, which should be about within a month or two of purchase.

I've always wanted the bastards just could never afford them..... but soon they will be mine..... soon....
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)
Geek
Geek
4TaY|Shock(SilentNinja)

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 am

exactly soon, thats what i need, even though it wont be soon.. sadly
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Darkened wrote:

If your looking for a BT headset, here are the brands I would recommend based on my experience:

Plantronic Voyager series
Jabra
Jawbone

I have a jabra headset, but lasts only 4hours use. 2-4 days standby. thats why ive replaced it with a wired logitech usb headset. but dark is right, in that I can only hear chat sounds, not the sound effects. anyone know how i can get all the sound through my headset??
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 am

Gnu - Is that with the wired headset?

Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Ok, after some additional researching I discovered one major issue in regards to getting game sounds, along with chat, to play through any headset, wired or wireless.

It turns out that the PS3 only outputs chat sounds through the USB port. To get game sounds you would have to tap either the Digital Optical port of the console, or the audio outs of the TV/Receiver.

The Digital port would work best, because I believe that can output Surround Sound, and not just Stereo, but you would have to change the output source in the system menu every time you want to switch between headset and speakers.

With that said. I found some really nice wired headsets that used the Digital optical out for 5.1 surround sound from Mad Catz. This is their Tritton series of gaming headsets:
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4791&idCategory=317

Prices range from $70 - $170

Unfortunately, the Turtle Beach headset I was looking at would require me to use both an HDMI cable, and the composite AV cables (Red/White) to connect to my receiver. This won't work for me so I may be stuck looking at the pricier units that use the digital output.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:06 am

Darkened wrote:
Gnu - Is that with the wired headset?

yeah but you pretty much answered the question in your second post
Back to top Go down
FTY!|Darkened
King Of Spam
King Of Spam
FTY!|Darkened

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:00 am

Gnu - That's a bummer. I wonder what Sony's thought was in not outputing the game and chat sounds out through the USB. Would certainly open up the wired headset market for them. Maybe that would have required more bandwidth than is available via USB.

Well, I did some searching for the Tritton Ax Pro and found it on Amazon for $139. Still a little pricy, but it might serve two purposes for me.

I've also been looking for a headset I can use to watch TV without waking up the misses, and I think this one might help me accomplish that.

I'll keep you guys posted on whatever I end up getting.
Back to top Go down
4TaY|Gnu
Kempo Again....
Kempo Again....
4TaY|Gnu

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Darkened wrote:
Well, I did some searching for the Tritton Ax Pro and found it on Amazon for $139. Still a little pricy, but it might serve two purposes for me.

Same thing, though I saw a Sharkoon X-tatic 5.1 Dolby Digital Gaming Headset available here:

Ebay
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:35 pm

[lookin regrets starting this thread, because it turns out he knows nothing]

WTF???? souround sound headsets???? how the fluk does that work????
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:06 pm

omg, the info, the $$$$, the confusion....

my sound system does have 5.1 output, and i can click a button to turn off the speakers in that room...so no prob there....

BUT...surround sound headsets??? isnt this just a gimic? i know that each headset has like 5 speakers...so the headsets are truly 'suround sound'...BUT arent they a lil close to your ears to take advantage of this???

who already has em??? ANYBODY??? i want feedback (the good kind)
Back to top Go down
Fty|Topgun09
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Legend Of Humanity In Training....
Fty|Topgun09

Clan Rank : XBOX 360 Regiment Leader

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:30 pm

I was wondering the same thing Looking, it can't be true surround sound, it just can't. But I like the Idea of an "Surround Sound" Heasdet decent sound without bothering the neighbors with my Home theater system.
Back to top Go down
http://URMUM.com
Fty|Kempo10
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|Kempo10

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:53 am

well umm.... without being rude.... you are entirely wrong.... it can be done, and it isn't a gimmick, it helps you out enourmously.

Basically in surround sound headsets, they have about 5 actual speakers in each direction. The outputting 360/PS3 sends sound to those specific speakers, so when the headphones are on, it seems as if you are in fact hearing the direction which it comes from. They send a slight amount of sound to the other speakers too for perfect accuracy, and allow you to get kills in game by hearing as well as seeing, meaning that you have one extra weapon which others do not. They are incredibly accurate, and incredibly crisp sounding, and this is the exact reason why turtle beaches are so popular.

They WILL improve your play. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Fty|lookin4luv
Weak...
Weak...
Fty|lookin4luv

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:08 am

well without being rude...the turtle beaches i have seen so far seem to be a single speaker...

the trittons in darks post have the 5 speaker per ear setup..but are $170...

i guess the turtle beaches for xbox must be better, but the ones for ps3 seem to be overpriced typical headsets....with an option to control seperate game and voice volume...but thats it...(im pretty sure i could do that in the COD menu anyway)

please post a link to the turtle beaches of which you speak kempo...

And thanks to everyone (but mainly DARK and GNU) for all the cool links, and input..you guys are really helping this thread along!!! (except for Shock, lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome   Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darkened and Lookin's Headset Guide - Comments Welcome
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next